• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home Invasion Stopped by Homeowner, Perp Killed

j4l

Call me cold but I do not care about the criminal’s life one iota at all. Any person that looks to steal, rape, or attempts to kills person and in turn dies because of their stupity, I won’t feel sorry for the loss of that person’s life. I will rejoice that the victim was able to defend themselves or their family and only the bad person was hurt or killed. I have been called cruel or cold because of this and I have said it once and I will say it again, you will not see me shed a tear for you or your family if your dumb butt does something as stupid as to steal, rape, or attempts to kill a person. However, the victim fights back and kills them instead.

Concur 100%.
That criminal makes a conscious decision on their part to do what they do. If the result of that action ends up being their own demise at the hand of thier intended "victim", then all the better.Their death, is in essence, self-inflicted.
Natural Selection is a beautiful thing to see in action.

bellyfat

good lesson

i was told by a cop freind a long time ago that, anyone who breaks into your home is capable of anything and is deserving of death.
for some reason that stayed with me from over 40 years ago.
same goes for someone who tries to rob you on the street. I am ARMED.

tricolordad

wife

My wife is of the same assumption that it will never happen to her. She can't understand why I would choose to carry a gun. "You don't need it," "what are you trying to look like," "you don't need a gun." A few years ago after playing soccer with my then 6-year old niece, I was walking the block back to my apartment when I was attacked by about 10 drunken baseball players. I jumped the 3 foot fence between us and met them head on. Most of them were surprised by me jumping, I guess and stopped short or wandered off. I was hit three times in the head with a baseball bat and arrested for defending myself. (self-defense=battery in wisconsin) By the time police got there 10 minutes later, I was being held down by 3 guys and beaten by another. One of the guys holding me down ran when police arrived. They never looked for him. I am VERY capable of defending myself. I have taken martial arts, been trained by the Army in hand to hand combat, and was a fighter through high school. I am VERY capable of defending myself. She witnessed the attack and still maintains that I don't need a gun. She was carrying our 23-day old daughter. If I hadn't charged them, they probably would have both been killed.

Last summer, we were shopping at MOA with our 2 young daughters when a flash mob started knocking over stalls and assaulting people. I pushed my kids and her into a bathroom and another gentleman and I barricaded the door. I was not armed, but he was. He reached for his gun and about 5 kids decided to take their looting somewhere else.

I don't understand her logic...

Last edited: