Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Greetng from Grand Forks,ND

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    13

    Greetng from Grand Forks,ND

    I'm new here myself. I just got my CWP from MN, and awaiting my ND permit as well.

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkitiki420 View Post
    I'm new here myself. I just got my CWP from MN, and awaiting my ND permit as well.
    Welcome aboard OCDO - enjoy and prosper.

    Will you though join the ranks of those that educate and inform by OCing? Hope so.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member thebigsd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Quarryville, PA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    SNIP Welcome aboard OCDO - enjoy and prosper.
    I believe the phrase is "live long and prosper", there Spock

    Welcome to OCDO!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot!!! I would encourage you to get out to an open carry gathering in your area!!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

  4. #4
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Originally Posted by Grapeshot

    SNIP Welcome aboard OCDO - enjoy and prosper.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    I believe the phrase is "live long and prosper", there Spock
    --snip--
    Ain't no point in living long, unless you can enjoy it and that is very logical.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    13

    Indeed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Ain't no point in living long, unless you can enjoy it and that is very logical.
    thanks all for the warm welcomes, I did actually carry for the first time today. I was a little nerve racking.. but after awhile I started feeling more comfortable carrying (concealed). but I do agree with you on OC.

    Rick

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    nw MN.
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by rikkitiki420 View Post
    thanks all for the warm welcomes, I did actually carry for the first time today. I was a little nerve racking.. but after awhile I started feeling more comfortable carrying (concealed). but I do agree with you on OC.

    Rick
    Hi Rick &Welcome
    You mentioned in your 1st post you are waiting on your ND permit,
    I would'nt be carring in ND with only your MN permit. NO RECIPROCITY!!


    http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Blastalot View Post
    Hi Rick &Welcome
    You mentioned in your 1st post you are waiting on your ND permit,
    I would'nt be carring in ND with only your MN permit. NO RECIPROCITY!!


    http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html
    Neither ND nor MN honor the others permit. Living so close to the border is likely why rikkitiki420 is seeking to acquire both permits i.e. frequent travel back and forth.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Blastalot View Post
    Hi Rick &Welcome
    You mentioned in your 1st post you are waiting on your ND permit,
    I would'nt be carring in ND with only your MN permit. NO RECIPROCITY!!


    http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_ca...city_maps.html
    you are very correct. and i won't. It seems its all about $$$, ND and MN should be reciprocity. ND has a 10-12 wk wait.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Bismarck, ND
    Posts
    1

    Turn around time

    Quote Originally Posted by rikkitiki420 View Post
    you are very correct. and i won't. It seems its all about $$$, ND and MN should be reciprocity. ND has a 10-12 wk wait.
    Just wanted to let you know that I got my ND permit in January and it only took 30 days from the time I submitted the papper work. That was even with the holidays.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    13

    way cool

    Quote Originally Posted by macgyvr View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that I got my ND permit in January and it only took 30 days from the time I submitted the papper work. That was even with the holidays.
    It only took 8 days to get my MN permit, but patiently waiting for my ND... then I can be legal in 38 states. ND<>MN ;-(

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    13

    Happy Friday

    Quote Originally Posted by rikkitiki420 View Post
    I'm new here myself. I just got my CWP from MN, and awaiting my ND permit as well.
    All have a good, safe weekend. Still nothing from ND yet,

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    13

    hooray!

    Quote Originally Posted by rikkitiki420 View Post
    All have a good, safe weekend. Still nothing from ND yet,
    Just got my ND ccp in the mail today. now I'm legal in 38 states.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Fargo
    Posts
    13

    some good information

    Quote Originally Posted by rikkitiki420 View Post
    I'm new here myself. I just got my CWP from MN, and awaiting my ND permit as well.
    http://civilliberty.about.com/od/gun...a-Gun-Laws.htm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •