Thread: Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)

Second Amendment Foundation (SAF)

BELLEVUE, WA - A Federal District Court Judge in Massachusetts...granted summary judgment in a Second Amendment Foundation case challenging that state's denial of firearms licenses to permanent resident aliens.

U.S. District Court Judge Douglas P. Woodcock concluded that "the Massachusetts firearms regulatory regime as applied to the individual plaintiffs, contravenes the Second Amendment."

The case involves two Massachusetts residents, Christopher Fletcher and Eoin Pryal, whose applications for licenses to possess firearms in their homes for immediate self-defense purposes were denied under a state law that does not allow non-citizens to own handguns. SAF was joined in the case by Commonwealth Second Amendment, Inc. and the two individual plaintiffs. The case is Fletcher v. Haas.

"This is our fourth court victory this month in our campaign to win back firearms freedoms one lawsuit at a time," said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb. "It is one more step toward repairing decades of Second Amendment erosion."

In his 41-page ruling, Judge Woodcock wrote, "The Massachusetts firearms regulatory regime, as applied to Fletcher and Pryal, does not pass constitutional muster regardless of whether intermediate scrutiny or strict scrutiny applies The possibility that some resident aliens are unsuited to possess a handgun does not justify a wholesale ban."

http://www.saf.org/

Centurion
    Today is April 1st isn't it?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar
    Yes, and?

I sent $50.00 to the SAF this month. I'd suggest we all send them something at least once a year.
    Be safe, be prepared, and carry on!

Alle Ihre Basisstation jetzt zu uns gehören

Saf

When I needed help with my lawsuit, the SAF was the only organization to help out. Though a lifetime member of the NRA, they never called back. GOA and Wyoming Gun Owners blew me off....

Yeah, SAF gets my 2A money now.

Quote Originally Posted by marinepilot81 View Post
    When I needed help with my lawsuit, the SAF was the only organization to help out. Though a lifetime member of the NRA, they never called back. GOA and Wyoming Gun Owners blew me off....

VERY INTERESTING,,,, BUT DISTURBING

PM sent.

PEACE & RKBA FOREVER !!!

Quote Originally Posted by marinepilot81 View Post

Good enough for the Marine...good enough for me.

PS...good luck on that lawsuit...should be in the bag!!
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Banned
    I see what the judge did here in talking about the proper level of scrutiny. Just trying to cover all the bases. But it was really improper of him to discuss 2 levels of review. He should have just gone with strict which is the proper method. SAF is the only true friend to gun owners.