• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A question not asked: Forensics in Zimmerman case..

Gray Rider

Agreed

6-shooter - It is much better if you quote or use the multi-quote function, rather than bouncing the reader over several pages and looking for posts by number - frankly few to none are going to do that.

Don't expect any likelihood of of getting SD ammo banned - been defeated before and don't see a problem now.

Added some quotes. And can you tell us where the discription of a 9mm round that can lift and fling 150 pounds came from?

I also doubt much will happen to undo SYG laws. But I would expect a lot of retoric and grandstanding by antis and others who have a selfish interest in sensationalizing any straw they can latch on to. The MSM will continue give them plenty of exposure.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snip-- can you tell us where the discription of a 9mm round that can lift and fling 150 pounds came from?

Sure can - from p42 of the Violence Policy Centers playbook/fictional novelette :lol:

See the chapter titled "Destructive Devices, Cause and Effect". That is the same chapter and verse that purports that a shoulder fired .50 cal. can bring down and aircraft at 15,000 ft. and that LAC with guns are ticking time bombs, all set to go off without warning :p

carracer

Is it possible for his cellphone to have gps that will trace his footsteps with a timeline? Possibly showing his returning toward his vehicle?

Beretta92FSLady

George Zimmerman is likely to be freed on bond Friday - even though behind bars may be the safest place for him.

So, Zimmerman might be free tomorrow. What worries me is where the hell he will go to be safe; this is a National case, and he needs to be damn careful. Hopefully gun restrictions aren't on the list when released.

I would want to be released int he dead of night, with a vest on.

Last edited:

rushcreek2

George Zimmerman is not at this time in a "friendly" environment even though he is being kept separate from others who would likely be a threat to him. He has every right to be with his family in a "safe" environment.

I am absolutely on Zimmerman's side. He has cooperated with law enforcement officials from the beginning. I am convinced that Martin unfortunately decided to "mess up" Zimmerman for "disrespecting " him. I'm sure that Zimmerman now wishes that he had a "taser" at his disposal on the night of Feb. 26th. I am planning on purchasing one myself.

Zimmerman is a good citizen who unfortunately allowed himself to be drawn into the "Neighborhood Watch" game. I have been there myself. It is easy for other more "passive" members of the Neighborhood Watch "community" to depend upon, and even call upon those who are more disposed to becoming directly involved. It can be a bit of a social "turn-on" I suppose.

Zimmerman's situation should be a wake-up call for anyone incline to be so involved.

I will be contributing to his cause. This guy can't work now, and legal fees will be high.

www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com

Last edited:

LkWd_Don

snip~~ I am absolutely on Zimmerman's side. He has cooperated with law enforcement officials from the beginning. I am convinced that Martin unfortunately decided to "mess up" Zimmerman for "disrespecting " him. ~~ snip ~~ www.therealgeorgezimmerman.com

One thing I have still not seen adequately justified is why Martin was walking inside of a Gated Community to begin with? Does the Martin Family live in the Gated Community? If not.. then how did Travon get in to begin with and what legal purpose would he have been in there for? If I were a member of the Jury.. that is a question I would want answered satisfactorily before making any kind of a decision against Zimmerman.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One thing I have still not seen adequately justified is why Martin was walking inside of a Gated Community to begin with? Does the Martin Family live in the Gated Community? If not.. then how did Travon get in to begin with and what legal purpose would he have been in there for? If I were a member of the Jury.. that is a question I would want answered satisfactorily before making any kind of a decision against Zimmerman.

Been well covered already - he was visiting, legally.

Gated communities are not always secure.

Beretta92FSLady

If Zimmerman is white, then I am ultra-white! It just blows my mind seeing some of the photos of Zimmerman where his skin appears to be white, when he is in fact not white-skinned. Not to mention he don't look Caucasian; he looks Spanish.

View attachment 8353

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Photo of Zimmerman's head the night of the shooting, taken from Iphone.

[video]http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/29025077[/video]

Beretta92FSLady

"Investigator Dale Gilbreath testified that he does not know whether Martin or Zimmerman threw the first punch and that there is no evidence to disprove Zimmerman's contention he was walking back to his vehicle when confronted by Martin. The affidavit says "Zimmerman confronted Martin and a struggle ensued.""
http://news.yahoo.com/experts-zimmerman-attorney-made-smart-move-072305753.html

The affidavit is starting to look like swiss cheese, and all it was was a bail hearing.

The political pressure is too much, the case is going to trial. I think the prosecutor was pushed into pursuing a case that is very weak. If martin had lived, then it would be Martin against Zimmerman; now, it is Zimmerman against Zimmerman, if he sticks to his statements, the prosecutors ship is going down.

KRM59

My thoughts

I have beed reading all the post and taking in all your thoughts. I have only this to say about the whole thing, Mr. Z should have never left His Car. Now with that being said, I know him doing so is not a crime, but all of this would not be an issue
if he would have not wanted to be a cowboy. Plain and simple. Now does he derserve to be convicted? I don't know. Should he be held accountable for leaving the car to begin with? no that is not a crime either.I just think a life could have not ended for what ever reason it did if he would have called it in and left it at that. Black,white, brown makes no difference to me, the right and wrong does. I don't hate Mr.Z for what happened, i think he just made a bad choice and now has to live with it. and i would think he has thought a lot about why didn't i just stay in the car.

j4l

Perhaps, but it's easy to arm-chair quaterback the guy from our limited perspectives, and after the fact, isnt it?
Something about the situation compelled Z to be concerned, for his community and his neighbors, and that compelled him to get out and look at things more closely.
Why assume he "went cowboy" on anything? It would seem that M was acting, or appearing in some manner that got his (Z's) attention, and aroused his suspicions. Some behavior, or other that would do so, more than just any other Joe walking down the sidewalk.

Now, if you or the next guy, are willing to see things that make you suspicious, but are un-willing to step up and take a look, and are willing to apply the same level of arm-chair quarterbacking the next day, after some one near you gets raped, robbed or killed-and you have to go back and think "you know, I saw this guy last night near there who was a little "off" and....did absolutely nothing about it..." then great for you. Not all folks are too keen on letting potential threats go un-checked into, though. It doesnt make them a "cowboy" or a cop-wannabe, though.
Nor does it deprive them, somehow, of their rights to defend themselves, when some suspicious character acts upon their guilty-conscience or paranoia at being spotted/detected.

randian

if he sticks to his statements, the prosecutors ship is going down.
I'm not so sure. In certain circles, a guilty verdict is an ideological mandate. I guarantee a number of jurors will obey that mandate, whatever the evidence. It depends on how strongly the prosecutor can stack the jury, and how steadfast the other jurors will be in the face of severe pressure to convict.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I have beed reading all the post and taking in all your thoughts. I have only this to say about the whole thing, Mr. Z should have never left His Car. Now with that being said, I know him doing so is not a crime, but all of this would not be an issue
if he would have not wanted to be a cowboy. Plain and simple. Now does he derserve to be convicted? I don't know. Should he be held accountable for leaving the car to begin with? no that is not a crime either.I just think a life could have not ended for what ever reason it did if he would have called it in and left it at that. Black,white, brown makes no difference to me, the right and wrong does. I don't hate Mr.Z for what happened, i think he just made a bad choice and now has to live with it. and i would think he has thought a lot about why didn't i just stay in the car.

If Zimmerman had stayed home, if Zimmerman had not been neighborhood watch, if Zimmerman had the same characteristics as Martin.....ad infinitum - "If"s have no bearing on this. BTW - calling either party names i.e. "cowboy" is most unnecessary and unwarranted as his state of mind has not been offered/presented - that is an ill founded conclusion/opinion on your part.

Mr. Zimmerman had lost Martin, broken off any attempt at surveillance, and was returning to his vehicle when he was accosted/challenged by Martin. On that basis we have an aggressor - then add in who struck the first blow and continued the assault. At this point these are all gleaned from media reports and may not be factual - presuming they are, Mr. Z is w/o blame IMO.

We shall all have to wait and see how this plays out.

Sig229

Elegant it may be, but it's also immoral. It's playing craps with Zimmerman's life.

Unfortunately, that happens every single day in every state here in America.

All too many times police and prosecutors charge a person for a crime when they have extremely little (if any) evidence and justify it to themselves by shrugging their shoulders and saying "thats what the courts are for, let a jury or judge decide".
I have seen it with my own eyes.

Lady Liberty's scales have been tilted for quite some time.

Beretta92FSLady

I'm not so sure. In certain circles, a guilty verdict is an ideological mandate. I guarantee a number of jurors will obey that mandate, whatever the evidence. It depends on how strongly the prosecutor can stack the jury, and how steadfast the other jurors will be in the face of severe pressure to convict.

A not-guilty verdict is--to some--an ideological mandate. If a number of jurors obey that mandate, then there will be a hung jury; Zimmerman goes home, either way.--no matter the outcome at this point, well, if it goes to trial, Zimmerman will always be not-Guilty, you can scratch the whole Innocent.

Zimmerman has a private attorney, I don't see the prosecutor "stacking the jury." Now, if Zimmerman had a PD, well, that is possible.