• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BERSA BP9 and BP40 CONCEALED CARRY

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Anyone tried these firearms yet?

I have Bersas in all calibers, but have always stayed away from firearms with that squared-off slide. Purely aesthetics, I know, but preference.

Today, I held the BP9CC, and was terribly disappointed. I felt that the grip was way too slender compared to the slide and barrel, and it felt off-balance. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how it fires.

PistolPackingMomma

I had the BP9, and sold it off fairly quickly. (It wasn't bad; I just fell in love with a 1911.) The recoil isn't too snappy; comparable to a Glock, I think. The grip is definitely a tad on the thin side, which is great for concealing, but a little harder to seat in your hand comfortably.

I don't know if it was just the particular gun I had, or if it wasn't entirely broken in yet, or if Bersa still has some kinks to work out with this gun, but I did have FTE's every 2-4 rounds. We got two magazines with the gun; one with a long spring, one with a short spring. We had Bersa replace the short spring mag, and put another 150 rounds through it, and it was almost flawless. Sold it before we got to shoot any more out of it.

Last edited: