Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Who needs a gun in the Burbs

  1. #1
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Who needs a gun in the Burbs

    Well, the answer is everyone.
    I got back in the Burbs and spotted three cop cars. That's real unusual here. We aren't anywhere close to a doughnut shop.
    Anyway, I grabbed the camera and started shooting. I guess the cop thought anyone that takes pictures had to know everything.

    Turns out someone had dumped a stolen car a half a block from me.
    I checked my security cameras and no one had been on my property. I also wouldn't let the cop past the outer gate.


  2. #2
    Regular Member ocholsteroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia, Hampton Roads, NC 9 miles away
    Posts
    1,317
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Well, the answer is everyone.
    I got back in the Burbs and spotted three cop cars. That's real unusual here. We aren't anywhere close to a doughnut shop.
    Anyway, I grabbed the camera and started shooting. I guess the cop thought anyone that takes pictures had to know everything.

    Turns out someone had dumped a stolen car a half a block from me.
    I checked my security cameras and no one had been on my property. I also wouldn't let the cop past the outer gate.

    Is that the famous "finger point brandishing"?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Yorktown, ,
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    Is that the famous "finger point brandishing"?
    Not sure... the thumb isnt up so it isnt cocked... but it still might be loaded!

  4. #4
    Regular Member mk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    548
    he's pointing to where he thinks his nose is telling him that the donuts are hiding out. sneaky donuts!
    looks like he could lay off of them though...
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

  5. #5
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Quote Originally Posted by DJEEPER View Post
    Not sure... the thumb isnt up so it isnt cocked... but it still might be loaded!
    No audio either that may have indicated nefarious intent of finger BTW attempting to shoot someone with an unloaded or faulty firearm could still be attempted homicide!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    1) Da judge said it was not brandishing, regardless of what the deputy, the magistrate and the persecutor [sic] said.

    2) "Where's your warrant, copper?" still works.

    3) Any chance that abandoned car can go up on blocks as a planter? Can I get the back seat to use on my porch? What size are the tires - they might could be made to fit.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,171

    Da Finger????

    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    1) Da judge said it was not brandishing, regardless of what the deputy, the magistrate and the persecutor [sic] said.

    2) "Where's your warrant, copper?" still works.

    3) Any chance that abandoned car can go up on blocks as a planter? Can I get the back seat to use on my porch? What size are the tires - they might could be made to fit.

    stay safe.
    Guess you have to look as threatening as Santa Clause to be considered "armed and dangerous". ;>)

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Guess you have to look as threatening as Santa Clause to be considered "armed and dangerous". ;>)
    Santa Claus? All this time I thought everyone was saying "Sandy Claws"

    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Jack House's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I80, USA
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by DJEEPER View Post
    Not sure... the thumb isnt up so it isnt cocked... but it still might be loaded!
    Remember, people can still get shot with unloaded guns.


    Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Falls Church, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by DJEEPER View Post
    Not sure... the thumb isnt up so it isnt cocked... but it still might be loaded!
    He was taking the safety off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •