Thread: Open Carry, Tactical or Strategic?

Open Carry, Tactical or Strategic?

For a guy who does not like open carry he sure does promote it! Great article IMO, read on!

." Now, when I say tactical I’m not referring to bayonets or picatinny rails on your carry weapon but tactical in the sense of what’s going on when the SHTF. And from that kind of a tactical standpoint open carry is mostly a bad thing . . .First, if BGs know that you’re carrying they can target you to get your gun, either violently or clandestinely (although I think it would be awfully hard to pickpocket a holster). Second, if BGs are planning or executing an armed robbery, carrying openly means that you lose the advantage of surprise. It marks you as someone to be watched closely or, possibly, shot first."

His very next sentence is.....

"On the other hand, open carry has also been known to deter armed robbers."

The next paragraph is....Wait for it.....

"Open carry can also make you the target of ignorant or unreasonable cops. I was open carrying at a gem and lapidary show once and was accosted by a couple of Bloomington, Minnesota cops. They ran my permit and harassed me as much as they could, finishing up with one of them saying “You know if we get a robbery call to this location you’re the first person we’re going to shoot.” Interesting use of force guidelines in that department if they are going to shoot someone with a holstered weapon wearing a bright red shirt that says SECURITY in 2-inch high letters front and back. In fact I’ve had several of what a friend of mine referred to as moments of unusual interest in dealing with various police departments."

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-or-strategic/
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

“You know if we get a robbery call to this location you’re the first person we’re going to shoot.” Interesting use of force guidelines in that department if they are going to shoot someone with a holstered weapon wearing a bright red shirt that says SECURITY in 2-inch high letters front and back.
    Nice.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

~ Aww, C'mon, what's a little intimidation and thuggery among friends? ~

For a fella, Mr. Krafft, who claims to be passionate about civil rights, especially those of the firearm flavor. he sure does/did go out of his way to make LE feel better.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I like it -- not a bad written article for a guy that thinks OC is a bad idea.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    I like it -- not a bad written article for a guy that thinks OC is a bad idea.
    i second that motion...

wabbit

Banned

Both

tac·ti·cal

   [tak-ti-kuhl] Show IPA
    adjective 1. of or pertaining to tactics, especially military or naval tactics.

2. characterized by skillful tactics or adroit maneuvering or procedure: tactical movements.

3. of or pertaining to a maneuver or plan of action designed as an expedient toward gaining a desired end or temporary advantage.

4. expedient; calculated.

5. prudent; politic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stra·te·gic

   [struh-tee-jik] Show IPA
    adjective 1. pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of strategy: strategic movements.

2. important in or essential to strategy.

3. (of an action, as a military operation or a move in a game) forming an integral part of a stratagem: a strategic move in a game of chess.

4. Military . a. intended to render the enemy incapable of making war, as by the destruction of materials, factories, etc.: a strategic bombing mission.

b. essential to the conduct of a war: Copper is a strategic material.