Thread: I am coming to town

I am coming to town

I am from michigan traveling to florida with the wife and kids to go to Disney. I have a Michigan CPL and know that Florida will honor my MI permit. I am wondering about PFZ's (pistol free zones). Do those exist in FL? And is there any laws about not carrying at places like Disney? Or any other advice anybody might have. Thanks in advance for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by WilDChilD View Post
    I am from michigan traveling to florida with the wife and kids to go to Disney. I have a Michigan CPL and know that Florida will honor my MI permit. I am wondering about PFZ's (pistol free zones). Do those exist in FL? And is there any laws about not carrying at places like Disney? Or any other advice anybody might have. Thanks in advance for your time.
    Of course there are victim disarmament zones in Florida. All states have a few. You can carry at Disney. I'm sure it's against their policy, but unless they catch you and ask you to leave you don't have to worry.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/wea...ossession.html

Despite what this list suggests, you CAN carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. You CANNOT carry in the portion of the restaurant that is primarily devoted to that purpose, and there is debate as to what that means. Practically speaking, stay out of bars.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Of course there are victim disarmament zones in Florida. All states have a few. You can carry at Disney. I'm sure it's against their policy, but unless they catch you and ask you to leave you don't have to worry.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/wea...ossession.html

Despite what this list suggests, you CAN carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. You CANNOT carry in the portion of the restaurant that is primarily devoted to that purpose, and there is debate as to what that means. Practically speaking, stay out of bars.
    Thanks for the link and info. Seems a lot like MI carry rules, a few different pfz's but nothing to major. I will be printing that to take with me.

Does FL allow out of state long gun sales?

Sorry didn't notice there was another thread on this topic. I bet the FL forum gets asked this a lot. Not many people come to MI so it's not that wide spread there. Any time some vacationer cames askin people should just copy and paste a link to all the other times people have asked the same question.

Thanks for the link and info. Seems a lot like MI carry rules, a few different pfz's but nothing to major. I will be printing that to take with me.

Does FL allow out of state long gun sales?
    As long as MI allows you to buy outside of contiguous states, shouldn't be a problem. We passed a law last year allowing FL residents to do so.
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.

Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife.
    -Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes
    Brown v. United States, 1921

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    As long as MI allows you to buy outside of contiguous states, shouldn't be a problem. We passed a law last year allowing FL residents to do so.
    We just changed our laws on that to, thats why I was wondering.

We just changed our laws on that to, thats why I was wondering.
    Can't speak for where you are going, but the shops around my area all have lists of which out-of-staters they can sell long guns to. I would think the stores around PC would do the same.

Enjoy your stay in the Gunshine State!
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by rvrctyrngr View Post
    Can't speak for where you are going, but the shops around my area all have lists of which out-of-staters they can sell long guns to. I would think the stores around PC would do the same.

Enjoy your stay in the Gunshine State!
    Thanks rvrctyrngr, I cant wait. We leave 2morrow. Just in time for all this zimmerman :bs: to blow up. Hopefully he gets a fair trial from an unbiased jury.
    Last edited by WilDChilD; 04-12-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Thanks rvrctyrngr, I cant wait. We leave 2morrow. Just in time for all this zimmerman :bs: to blow up. Hopefully he gets a fair trial from an unbiased jury.
    You won't have any issues where you're going. The normal person to moron ration is fairly high there!

Safe travels, bro.
    Director,
    Florida Carry, Inc.