• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am coming to town

WilDChilD

I am from michigan traveling to florida with the wife and kids to go to Disney. I have a Michigan CPL and know that Florida will honor my MI permit. I am wondering about PFZ's (pistol free zones). Do those exist in FL? And is there any laws about not carrying at places like Disney? Or any other advice anybody might have. Thanks in advance for your time.

77zach

I am from michigan traveling to florida with the wife and kids to go to Disney. I have a Michigan CPL and know that Florida will honor my MI permit. I am wondering about PFZ's (pistol free zones). Do those exist in FL? And is there any laws about not carrying at places like Disney? Or any other advice anybody might have. Thanks in advance for your time.

Of course there are victim disarmament zones in Florida. All states have a few. You can carry at Disney. I'm sure it's against their policy, but unless they catch you and ask you to leave you don't have to worry.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/possession.html

Despite what this list suggests, you CAN carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. You CANNOT carry in the portion of the restaurant that is primarily devoted to that purpose, and there is debate as to what that means. Practically speaking, stay out of bars.

WilDChilD

Of course there are victim disarmament zones in Florida. All states have a few. You can carry at Disney. I'm sure it's against their policy, but unless they catch you and ask you to leave you don't have to worry.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/possession.html

Despite what this list suggests, you CAN carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol. You CANNOT carry in the portion of the restaurant that is primarily devoted to that purpose, and there is debate as to what that means. Practically speaking, stay out of bars.

Thanks for the link and info. Seems a lot like MI carry rules, a few different pfz's but nothing to major. I will be printing that to take with me.

Does FL allow out of state long gun sales?

WilDChilD

Sorry didn't notice there was another thread on this topic. I bet the FL forum gets asked this a lot. Not many people come to MI so it's not that wide spread there. Any time some vacationer cames askin people should just copy and paste a link to all the other times people have asked the same question.

rvrctyrngr

Thanks for the link and info. Seems a lot like MI carry rules, a few different pfz's but nothing to major. I will be printing that to take with me.

Does FL allow out of state long gun sales?

As long as MI allows you to buy outside of contiguous states, shouldn't be a problem. We passed a law last year allowing FL residents to do so.

rvrctyrngr

We just changed our laws on that to, thats why I was wondering.

Can't speak for where you are going, but the shops around my area all have lists of which out-of-staters they can sell long guns to. I would think the stores around PC would do the same.

Enjoy your stay in the Gunshine State! :D

WilDChilD

Can't speak for where you are going, but the shops around my area all have lists of which out-of-staters they can sell long guns to. I would think the stores around PC would do the same.

Enjoy your stay in the Gunshine State! :D

Thanks rvrctyrngr, I cant wait. We leave 2morrow. Just in time for all this zimmerman :bs: to blow up. Hopefully he gets a fair trial from an unbiased jury.

Last edited:

rvrctyrngr

Thanks rvrctyrngr, I cant wait. We leave 2morrow. Just in time for all this zimmerman :bs: to blow up. Hopefully he gets a fair trial from an unbiased jury.

You won't have any issues where you're going. The normal person to moron ration is fairly high there!

Safe travels, bro.