Thread: Plymouth, Indiana

Plymouth, Indiana

Hey anyone here OC in the Plymouth area? I'll be moving there for about 6 months for an internship. I'm not sure how much I'll be OCing but I'll def be CCing and want to know of some places to shoot at and of course the nearest gun store.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Formerly St. Louis, MI, now New Haven, Indiana, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    Hey anyone here OC in the Plymouth area? I'll be moving there for about 6 months for an internship. I'm not sure how much I'll be OCing but I'll def be CCing and want to know of some places to shoot at and of course the nearest gun store.
    Xman,

Kingsbury FWA (LaPorte, IN) is about 40 minutes NW of Plymouth. You can get their info here http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/3089.htm. As for OC, I don't know as I'm very rarely up that way unless I'm on my way to Michigan.

Have fun,
    Brian

I dont get to plymouth very often. I do roll thru there on my MC on the way to Sturgis. I do OC when I do. I just oc'd in Warsaw last week. No probs.

You gonna be at Swan Lake by any chance?

Kingsbury DNR range is pretty nice. only costs $4. bring your own targets and safety equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by cce1302 View Post
    You gonna be at Swan Lake by any chance?

Kingsbury DNR range is pretty nice. only costs $4. bring your own targets and safety equipment.
    I might be. Why do you ask?
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.

Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I might be. Why do you ask?

Plymouth is a pretty small town, and Swan Lake has big billboards.

Quote Originally Posted by cce1302 View Post
    Plymouth is a pretty small town, and Swan Lake has big billboards.
    Oh ok, yeah I am at Swan Lake.

If you are looking for clubs to join, train, and/or compete at...the closest to you is the Chesterton/Laporte club...also Warsaw has a nice group of shooters down there. And even have a small indoor pistol ange that use during inclement weather, etc. Drive an hour south and you have Wildacat Valley R&P in Brookston. Lots of IDPA, USPSA, SASS, shotgun and rifle there. If you are ever down in the Lafayette/Delphi area, hit me up ahead of time and we can do a meet and greet over coffee

GONZO!!!

Cool Ranges

I live in the area, we have some good ranges. Elkhart has one (Midwest Gun Exchange) South Bend has a new one (Kodiak) and an excellent outdoor range at Kingsbury. I have never had a problem with OC in the area and I OC when I feel so inclined. We have Midwest Gun Exchange in South Bend and also Gun Town on US 30 west of Plymouth in adition to some other Gun Stores. Welcome to the Area.
    Last edited by N.Indiana; 05-04-2012 at 12:03 PM.