Thread: Hola

Hola

It's been awhile since I've been on to actually post lol

I'm driving from KY to WV then to OH, no CCDW yet.

Is it legal to OC? Or at least keep it in my glove box?

I've been constantly OC'ing in E-town no problems yet. Few looks nothing major, I've done a lot of studying to back myself up if I get hassled. My friend and I usually go in pairs as well (just happens we are always out together kinda odd haha)

Thanks in advance

We have multiple post of Kentucky laws relevant to firearm carry. Visit the thread "Kentucky gun laws" to get an answer to the most common questions.

But yes, while you are driving (or walking, jogging, shopping, etc) you can OPENLY carry your firearm without a permit. Loaded or unloaded is your discretion (I would suggest loaded). Some would argue that hip holsters is concealed while you are driving, some would argue that IWB is concealed every time, I don't think either of these is that case. Notice though that these are just my opinion.

You can leave your firearm in ANY factory installed compartment and not be guilty of "Carrying of a concealed deadly weapon", this too can be loaded or on loaded. It does not matter if the compartment is locked, unlocked, or has the ability to be locked.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Thanks for the info, however I knew that much.

My question was

Driving from KY into West Virginia to Ohio.

Can I OC through WV to OH and back? Without a CCDW

I am sorry. I misunderstood your question. I do not know the full answer to your question but I DO know that you cannot openly transport in a vehicle in Ohio AT ALL. In a vehicle is always considered concealed carry. To carry in a vehicle in Ohio you need to carry it unloaded.

I think (<--- That means I cannot remember where I got this info from) you can legally transport a firearm in West Virginia without a permit if it is in the open.

I would suggest you asking this in Ohio and West Virginia.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

10-4 Thank you very much!!!

Federal law allows you to transport an unloaded firearm, first in a compartment outside the passenger compartment, if that is not feasible(hatchback, etc) then in a locked container in the passenger compartment.

Keep in mind it has to be from a place where you may legally possess to a place you may legally possess. So if the starting or ending location requires a permit to even possess, THIS LAW WILL NOT PROTECT YOU!

So if you are traveling through a state that does, try not to even stop for gas and definitely dont get a motel room.

There have been instances where NYC has still charged someone with a felony firearm possession and then amended down to lesser charges. How they get away with it is beyond me, maybe desperation for freedom and/or a lack of funds to fight the charge contribute.

Personally I wouldnt step foot in that place without one or with 100 of them.

I THINK, although WV has firearm preemption--localities that have enacted firearm restrictions before the preemption law continue to be sustained.