Thread: Lawmakers target gun laws- another knee jerk reaction!

Lawmakers target gun laws- another knee jerk reaction!

Capitol Hill lawmakers are doing more than donning hoodies on the House floor to respond to the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Members of Congress are pushing new legislation calling for everything from gun control to restrictions on neighborhood watch groups.

The legislative steps in the wake of the fatal shooting face an uncertain fate. So far, they come exclusively from Democrats in the Congressional Black Caucus -- not power-wielding Republicans who would no doubt be leery of a hasty legislative response, particularly with an investigation still underway.

But the sponsors are working on the measures over spring break and plan to push them when lawmakers return later this month. They claim they're trying to prevent another killing like the one that has touched off a raging national debate about race and the justice system.

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishn View Post
    They claim they're trying to prevent another killing like the one that has touched off a raging national debate about race and the justice system.
    That's exactly what they are trying to do: disarm the citizenry so they can effectively defend themselves from an attacker.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Can I stand my ground and pistol whip these idiots in DC?

How about a link, instead of unattributed, plagiarized text?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...teen-shooting/

Something people really need to understand and impress upon their elected representatives, and fast, is that the federal government has no constitutional authority to establish criminal law at all, outside of the four specific crimes mentioned in the document: treason, bribery, counterfeiting, and piracy.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.