• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lawmakers target gun laws- another knee jerk reaction!

gonefishn

Capitol Hill lawmakers are doing more than donning hoodies on the House floor to respond to the death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin. Members of Congress are pushing new legislation calling for everything from gun control to restrictions on neighborhood watch groups.

The legislative steps in the wake of the fatal shooting face an uncertain fate. So far, they come exclusively from Democrats in the Congressional Black Caucus -- not power-wielding Republicans who would no doubt be leery of a hasty legislative response, particularly with an investigation still underway.

But the sponsors are working on the measures over spring break and plan to push them when lawmakers return later this month. They claim they're trying to prevent another killing like the one that has touched off a raging national debate about race and the justice system.

Jack House

They claim they're trying to prevent another killing like the one that has touched off a raging national debate about race and the justice system.
That's exactly what they are trying to do: disarm the citizenry so they can effectively defend themselves from an attacker.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

ManInBlack

How about a link, instead of unattributed, plagiarized text?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...hborhood-watch-in-wake-florida-teen-shooting/

Something people really need to understand and impress upon their elected representatives, and fast, is that the federal government has no constitutional authority to establish criminal law at all, outside of the four specific crimes mentioned in the document: treason, bribery, counterfeiting, and piracy.