Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pistol loaded with cop-killer bullets, cops say

pistol loaded with cop-killer bullets, cops say

A lame-brained Manhattan thug tried to save the $2 PATH fare to New Jersey yesterday by jumping the turnstile — while carrying a concealed pistol loaded with “cop-killer” bullets[sic]...

the weapon was loaded with notorious hollow-point bullets.

The bullets are designed to expand upon impact and do greater damage to an intended target than full-metal-jacket bullets.

“A hollow-point spreads out and tears up tissue and muscle, and it’s much more likely to stop you,” a police official said.

“Most civilians don’t carry hollow-points because they are more expensive,” said Kenneth Cooper , a certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor[sic]

Sanabria was charged with...possession of hollow-point bullets +++

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...tent=Manhattan
    Last edited by oldbanger; 04-02-2012 at 04:03 PM.

So, what are they called when cops use them? Citizen Killer Bullets?
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Talking

Lol...do N.J. cops not wear vests???

A solid-bullet is far more likely to kill a vest-wearing cop (assuming it is fired from a small-caliber pistol...rifles will penetrate almost any police vest).

Of all the states, New Jersey's laws seem to be the most consistently asinine.

Does anyone know if the hollow-point ban only applies to handgun ammunition? Is it legal to hunt with handguns in New Jersey?
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Nicely done.
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?

“Most civilians don’t carry hollow-points because they are more expensive,” said Kenneth Cooper, a certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor.

“Most people use bottom-basement ammunition,” he added.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...#ixzz1qw0A4KBf
    What a moron. I don't know anybody that doesn't carry hollow points of some sort. FMJs are for target practice only.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    What a moron. I don't know anybody that doesn't carry hollow points of some sort. FMJs are for target practice only.
    Ditto.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SavageOne View Post
    Hey! Watch it with those capitals, will ya!
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-02-2012 at 09:25 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hey! Watch it with those capitals, will ya!
    I don't think he was really "aiming" for you on this. But, I've been wrong before and will be again!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

In the comments a "Ken Cooper" from New York state says that the reporter misquoted what he said.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

Same, everyone I know that carries realizes that hollow points are worth the extra cost, as it can save lives, money(court expenses), and your rear end from becoming bubba's new favorite toy.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jack House; 04-03-2012 at 02:36 AM.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    I am so glad that I live in a state that doesn't have this nonsense.

Hah
    Most people use bottom-basement ammunition,” he added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CrimsonSoul; 04-03-2012 at 06:48 AM.

I carry nothing but hollow points. Its for all the reasons listed here, plus I don't want it to kill only what I am shooting at, not the next three people hiding behind a table.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanger View Post
    “Most civilians don’t carry hollow-points because they are more expensive,” said Kenneth Cooper, a certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor[sic]

Sanabria was charged with...possession of hollow-point bullets.
    How far up does this "certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor" have his head. Maybe most civilians in NY and NJ don't carry JHPs... but it's more likely because those states have asinine ammunition laws (as cited), than because of the "cost". Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Quote Originally Posted by gunns View Post
    I carry nothing but hollow points.
    "I want them to stop only what I am shooting at, not the next three people hiding behind a table."

Better ?
    Last edited by oldbanger; 04-03-2012 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gil223 View Post
    How far up does this "certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor" have his head. Maybe most civilians in NY and NJ don't carry JHPs... but it's more likely because those states have asinine ammunition laws (as cited), than because of the "cost". Pax...
    The firearms instructor is a "Kenneth Cooper" a "Ken Cooper" said that the reporter misquoted what he said. So maybe he isn't what you think he is and the reporter just screwed up or deliberately changed the "facts" to fit his/her view on how the story should be.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

FMJ are standard issue to the US Military in their service handguns. Personally I feel this is ridiculous, but that's what they carry... 9mm FMJ.

Last edited by oldbanger; 04-03-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic1210 View Post
    FMJ are standard issue to the US Military in their service handguns. Personally I feel this is ridiculous, but that's what they carry... 9mm FMJ.
    You can thank the Hague Convention for that. Using hollow-points or other expanding ammunition for military purposes is a war crime.

Not saying I agree, but it is what it is...

ETA: I wonder if military police can carry HPs on U.S. bases, as they would be serving a domestic, law-enforcement function?
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 04-03-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    O RLY?

Idiot. FWIW I only carry hollow points because if God forbid I have to ever stop a threat I only want the bullet to stop that threat not penetrate any further. No holes in neighbors houses. Plus they are more effective at stopping threats.

I'd ask him, "So using bullets that are designed to expand within their target are bad"?

And when he inevitably affirms this, simply follow up with...

"So you recommend using fully jacketed bullets that remain intact and go through the target and kill innocent bystanders in addition to the target?".

Cop killer bullets. As If regular round nose bullets are harmless.

Another question someone needs to ask him: "What bullet stands a better chance of penetrating body armor, one that expands on impact like a hollow point, or one that retains its pointy shape better like a common FMJ?"

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    You can't win with the anti's I heard FMJ's get bashed too. If you can't successfully demonize the gun, demonize the ammo.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

what a moron. I don't know anybody that doesn't carry hollow points of some sort. Fmjs are for target practice only.
    qft
    The Dogs of War are nothing compared to the Cats

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    <snip> ETA: I wonder if military police can carry HPs on U.S. bases, as they would be serving a domestic, law-enforcement function?
    I don't know about that, today, but when I was in service pistols were loaded with service ammo, FMJs.

MPs are not domestic LE, they are military 'LE'. Technically they are not even LE. But, that was some years ago, it could very well be that they do get some sort of state certification these days.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

cop killer bullets

I may be wrong,but wasent hallowpoints originally developed for the police? seems like at one time the standard police load was a 38 special 158 grain lead round nose bullet that was shooting right through there target and not stoping the felon,so the hollowpoint was developed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast