• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

pistol loaded with cop-killer bullets, cops say

oldbanger

A lame-brained Manhattan thug tried to save the $2 PATH fare to New Jersey yesterday by jumping the turnstile — while carrying a concealed pistol loaded with “cop-killer” bullets[sic]...

the weapon was loaded with notorious hollow-point bullets.

The bullets are designed to expand upon impact and do greater damage to an intended target than full-metal-jacket bullets.

“A hollow-point spreads out and tears up tissue and muscle, and it’s much more likely to stop you,” a police official said.

“Most civilians don’t carry hollow-points because they are more expensive,” said Kenneth Cooper :dude:, a certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor[sic]

Sanabria was charged with...possession of hollow-point bullets +++

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/bullet_train_KwQFvSp4x3Wti7SJjlh2qO?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Manhattan

Last edited:

ManInBlack

Lol...do N.J. cops not wear vests???

A solid-bullet is far more likely to kill a vest-wearing cop (assuming it is fired from a small-caliber pistol...rifles will penetrate almost any police vest).

Of all the states, New Jersey's laws seem to be the most consistently asinine.

Does anyone know if the hollow-point ban only applies to handgun ammunition? Is it legal to hunt with handguns in New Jersey?

rodbender

Jack House

What a moron. I don't know anybody that doesn't carry hollow points of some sort. FMJs are for target practice only.
Same, everyone I know that carries realizes that hollow points are worth the extra cost, as it can save lives, money(court expenses), and your rear end from becoming bubba's new favorite toy.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gunns

I carry nothing but hollow points. Its for all the reasons listed here, plus I don't want it to kill only what I am shooting at, not the next three people hiding behind a table.

Gil223

“Most civilians don’t carry hollow-points because they are more expensive,” said Kenneth Cooper, a certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor[sic]

Sanabria was charged with...possession of hollow-point bullets.

How far up does this "certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor" have his head. Maybe most civilians in NY and NJ don't carry JHPs... but it's more likely because those states have asinine ammunition laws (as cited), than because of the "cost". Pax...

09jisaac

How far up does this "certified New York state firearms and use-of-force instructor" have his head. Maybe most civilians in NY and NJ don't carry JHPs... but it's more likely because those states have asinine ammunition laws (as cited), than because of the "cost". Pax...

The firearms instructor is a "Kenneth Cooper" a "Ken Cooper" said that the reporter misquoted what he said. So maybe he isn't what you think he is and the reporter just screwed up or deliberately changed the "facts" to fit his/her view on how the story should be.

Medic1210

What a moron. I don't know anybody that doesn't carry hollow points of some sort. FMJs are for target practice only.

FMJ are standard issue to the US Military in their service handguns. Personally I feel this is ridiculous, but that's what they carry... 9mm FMJ.

ManInBlack

FMJ are standard issue to the US Military in their service handguns. Personally I feel this is ridiculous, but that's what they carry... 9mm FMJ.

You can thank the Hague Convention for that. Using hollow-points or other expanding ammunition for military purposes is a war crime.

Not saying I agree, but it is what it is...

ETA: I wonder if military police can carry HPs on U.S. bases, as they would be serving a domestic, law-enforcement function?

Last edited:

MamabearCali

Idiot. FWIW I only carry hollow points because if God forbid I have to ever stop a threat I only want the bullet to stop that threat not penetrate any further. No holes in neighbors houses. Plus they are more effective at stopping threats.