• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun free zone now @ Waffle House

boyd62

Signs are being posted in the parking lot not on the door Aloc members turned away from Montgomery, Al. WH last week

Gil223

Removed by poster 'cause it was irrelevant. (Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most)

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Gil, this thread has nothing to do with Trayvon...pay attention.

I have sent a letter to Waffle House expressing my opinion. I would encourage others to do the same.

3fgburner

Waffle House is to breakfast restaurants, as McDonald's is to restaurants. Furthest down the scale I'll go is IHOP, so WH's gun policy is irrelevant to me. I could just see calling their corporate HQ:

"Hello? My name is 3fgburner, and I'm calling about your corporate no-guns policy. If you do not amend it, I will continue my practice of never eating in your establishments. Oh -- and if you DO amend it, I still won't eat there."

Them:
ROFLMAO!!!!

Gil223

Gil, this thread has nothing to do with Trayvon...pay attention.

You're absolutely correct! How weird is that? I could have sworn that post went to one of several Trayvon threads! :eek: Well, excuuuuuuse ME! ;) Pax...

Last edited:

Jack House

I wonder if they are posting proper 30.06 signs or if they are
Just using generic signs.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Jack House

I don't know, I only know that armed citizens have stopped armed robberies at WHs many times.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Brimstone Baritone

Maybe the employees were mad that their friends kept getting shot or going to jail for armed robbery. How much is half of zero?

They may have had the policy for "many years" but it is only recently that they've started turning us away or posting their property. Sorry some of you feel you're too good to eat there. If they ever institute a no guns policy at a restaurant you actually care about I'll be sure to tell you about how I've never eaten there, and don't intend to help in any way. :p

sraacke

Maybe the employees were mad that their friends kept getting shot or going to jail for armed robbery. How much is half of zero?

They may have had the policy for "many years" but it is only recently that they've started turning us away or posting their property. Sorry some of you feel you're too good to eat there. If they ever institute a no guns policy at a restaurant you actually care about I'll be sure to tell you about how I've never eaten there, and don't intend to help in any way. :p

I did not mean to come off as harsh. We've had signs at several WH locations for some time now. It's been pretty well known and if you check themap on the FriendorFoe website you will see that many of the WH sites are listed with negative ratings and the Corp policy is mentioned in the comments.

LkWd_Don

I will support a ban on them when I travel

As there are no Waffle Houses here in Washington State, Idaho, Montana or Wyoming (the States I travel most) not doing business with them will be easy. I merely have to remember that if I am visiting family in Utah, New Mexico or Texas that I do not think about patronizing them.

M1A shooter

Waffle House

:cool:Personally like t' eat at Waffle House. I'll have to check for signage. Missouri has specific regs as to the size, design and placement of the No weapons signs. Hopefully my local WH doesn't have the sign cause now I gotta hankerin' for some hashbrowns...smothered, chunked and country!

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
"Hello? My name is 3fgburner, and I'm calling about your corporate no-guns policy. If you do not amend it, I will continue my practice of never eating in your establishments. Oh -- and if you DO amend it, I still won't eat there."

You read my mind, although for a different reason: Breakfast food must include pancakes, and WH doesn't do pancakes.

Or the Second Amendment.

REALteach4u

Wait a minute. Wasn't it a Waffle House where OC'ers allegedly thwarted a robbery due to their firearm visibility? (that's how the media portrayed it)

If so, it seems to me that this would be a very bad decision on the part of Waffle House. I don't eat there because the food is sub-standard from what it was 15+ years ago.