Thread: Dinner in Lexington KY

Dinner in Lexington KY

Ok, Ill tell you what I did, you tell me what you would do!

I had a hankering for BBQ so when I stopped into Lexington last week on my way back home from a 8 day Motorcycle trip, I put on my leather jacket and vest and 45 and headed over to the local bbq that has a 5 star rating.

As I walked in, the owner (i assume) said

OWNER: OH, you have a gun on your hip!

ME: YES

OWNER: WE have a child in here!

ME: Are you asking me to leave?

OWNER: Ah, well, Ah no!

ME: I have no problem going some place else, I won't take off my gun.

OWNER: do you think you can put that on safety? I am concerned about the safety of the child!

ME: (I ACTUALLY thought at this point he asked me to leave, when he asked me to put it on safely, I though he asked me to safely put in on the bike, listening the the recording he did not asks me that)
    thats ok Ill just go someplace else

OWNER: please stay, I just am concerned about the child, if you could just put it on safety Id feel much better

ME: Sure, I can do that!

was not exactly how I had hopped the visit would go, but at least I was able to keep the gun on

I had the best BBQ I had in quite a while
    anyways that is how it went!

side note: the guy taking my money was wide-eye amazed that it was legal to carry around a gun in the open, on my hip.
    WOW, I did not know you could do that. I explained he needed to find out the laws in Kentucky, on how and who may do so there!
    I had more people watching me!!! It was great!!!
    Last edited by Onnie; 04-03-2012 at 11:36 AM.
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

There must be some sort of rule violation that you mentioned a great BBQ place but didn't give its name.

I go through Lexington usually a couple of times a year and am always looking for great places to eat on the road!
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Banned
    That was a little surprising considering it was in Kentucky, maybe its a northern city thing.

was this bbq place near kentucky speedway by chance?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Question

Two points:

This story would be so much better with video of eyes popping out of the guys head.

I know you, so to me you look like the nice guy you are. To them you may as well of been a Klingon & they must of been worried your disruptor would turn the place into ashes...just saying...
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 04-03-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

"put it on safety"?
    If it's not out of the holster, it's safe.
    So tell him the safety is already on.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Put it on safety ?

I think you handled it nicely as the manager ? asked you not to leave , I guess they must not open carry as much as we do here in Michigan [/B][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    This story would be so much better with video of eyes popping out of the guys head.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    i LOVE that movie!

None of my carry guns have a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by WilDChilD View Post
    None of my carry guns have a safety.
    mine neither. i wanted a new LC9 for pocket carry because I love my LCP so much, but damn ruger put a safety on the LC9!

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    mine neither. i wanted a new LC9 for pocket carry because I love my LCP so much, but damn ruger put a safety on the LC9!
    Same with the sr9c. Only safety needed is between your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    i LOVE that movie!
    Best movie ever made if you ask me.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There must be some sort of rule violation that you mentioned a great BBQ place but didn't give its name.

I go through Lexington usually a couple of times a year and am always looking for great places to eat on the road!
    Brooks BBQ LLC
    771 East New Circle Road, Lexington, KY
    (859) 523-7529 ‎

I certainly could have "pretended" i put it on safety, but my canon has a safety and I figured it was the easiest thing to do, i was hankering for BBQ
    When Guns are OUTLAWED, Ill be an OUTLAW
    American Tactical Imports C45 45 AP
    S&W sigma 40 Cal
    Bersa 380 Thunder Plus
    Hi point C9 9mm
    Chiappa 1911-22 Semi-Auto .22 LR

Im not a lawyer, but I did play a Klingon once at Universal Studios

The manner in which the manager was carrying on about putting the gun on safety for the sake of the children he must thought that your gun was going to unholster itself without your knowledge while youre sitting there eating BBQ and float around the restaurant targeting and shooting just the children.

Or perhaps he thought his BBQ was so good that it would turn you into some raving mad man while eating it and in your eating frenzy your gun would somehow come flying out of the holster? lol
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by cmdr_iceman71 View Post
    The manner in which the manager was carrying on about putting the gun on safety for the sake of the children he must thought that your gun was going to unholster itself without your knowledge while youre sitting there eating BBQ and float around the restaurant targeting and shooting just the children.

Or perhaps he thought his BBQ was so good that it would turn you into some raving mad man while eating it and in your eating frenzy your gun would somehow come flying out of the holster? lol
    Jump to about 1:15. That's what could happen if the BBQ was that good
    Last edited by xmanhockey7; 04-08-2012 at 02:19 AM.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436