Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: lets discuss Oc a rifle

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis COunty
    Posts
    31

    lets discuss Oc a rifle

    I want to know if it's legal or not...i know it's not with a handgun...with a rifle what strange looks would u get...if it matters i'm young and black but very educated nowhere near what society makes us to be even though the majority of blacks are good people

  2. #2
    Herr Heckler Koch
    Guest
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
    (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Don't mind the thread nazi. ^^^ Some folks just really want to be moderators.

    As far as I know, open carry of a handgun is legal in Missouri, with the exception of cities that have banned it (St. Louis being one). While I am not familiar with the statutes, even if legal, I assure you that long gun carry, especially in an urban area, will get you many strange looks, MWAG calls, and police attention. The fact that you are young and black will not help things. You will likely be detained. You may be arrested. You may have to pay lots of money to a lawyer.

    None of the above makes long gun carry wrong. Just pointing things out as they are.

    If you choose to seriously pursue this, I strongly urge you to comb through the Missouri statutes and St. Louis ordinances for anything that might be construed to prohibit long gun carry. I would also look at disorderly conduct laws. Actually, if it were me, I'd pay for an hour of an attorney's time and ask him about the ramifications.

    Good luck.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis COunty
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    Don't mind the thread nazi. ^^^ Some folks just really want to be moderators.

    As far as I know, open carry of a handgun is legal in Missouri, with the exception of cities that have banned it (St. Louis being one). While I am not familiar with the statutes, even if legal, I assure you that long gun carry, especially in an urban area, will get you many strange looks, MWAG calls, and police attention. The fact that you are young and black will not help things. You will likely be detained. You may be arrested. You may have to pay lots of money to a lawyer.

    None of the above makes long gun carry wrong. Just pointing things out as they are.

    If you choose to seriously pursue this, I strongly urge you to comb through the Missouri statutes and St. Louis ordinances for anything that might be construed to prohibit long gun carry. I would also look at disorderly conduct laws. Actually, if it were me, I'd pay for an hour of an attorney's time and ask him about the ramifications.

    Good luck.
    yea being young and black doesn't make anything better but right legally i can't buy a handgun with me being 20..and plus i'll be able to buy a rifle real soon....i want to stand for our rights as a PEOPLE race doesn't matter to me but i guess to cops it does

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile314 View Post
    legally i can't buy a handgun with me being 20
    You cannot buy a handgun legally from a Federal Firearms Licensee until you are 21. You can buy one from a private party according to the laws of your state.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis COunty
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    You cannot buy a handgun legally from a Federal Firearms Licensee until you are 21. You can buy one from a private party according to the laws of your state.
    i read that but i contacted several authority people and the said that i still would be thrown in jail

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,552

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Hostile314 View Post
    i read that but i contacted several authority people and the said that i still would be thrown in jail
    It's sad, but the fact of the matter is that you can never trust American law enforcement to accurately represent the law. This is why you need to study the statutes for yourself, or pay a lawyer.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,614
    Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    --Personal attack deleted by Moderator--

    As far as I know, open carry of a handgun is legal in Missouri, with the exception of cities that have banned it (St. Louis being one). While I am not familiar with the statutes, even if legal, I assure you that long gun carry, especially in an urban area, will get you many strange looks, MWAG calls, and police attention. The fact that you are young and black will not help things. You will likely be detained. You may be arrested. You may have to pay lots of money to a lawyer.

    None of the above makes long gun carry wrong. Just pointing things out as they are.

    If you choose to seriously pursue this, I strongly urge you to comb through the Missouri statutes and St. Louis ordinances for anything that might be construed to prohibit long gun carry. I would also look at disorderly conduct laws. Actually, if it were me, I'd pay for an hour of an attorney's time and ask him about the ramifications.

    Good luck.
    Self-moderation is encouraged - when that doesn't work we are where we are.

    (14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC - see Forum Rules
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •