• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

lets discuss Oc a rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile314

I want to know if it's legal or not...i know it's not with a handgun...with a rifle what strange looks would u get...if it matters i'm young and black but very educated nowhere near what society makes us to be even though the majority of blacks are good people

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. Exception: This rule does NOT apply to discussions about long gun carry in jurisdictions such as California which ban handgun carry and thus require long gun carry as a matter of public policy.

ManInBlack

Don't mind the thread nazi. ^^^ Some folks just really want to be moderators.

As far as I know, open carry of a handgun is legal in Missouri, with the exception of cities that have banned it (St. Louis being one). While I am not familiar with the statutes, even if legal, I assure you that long gun carry, especially in an urban area, will get you many strange looks, MWAG calls, and police attention. The fact that you are young and black will not help things. You will likely be detained. You may be arrested. You may have to pay lots of money to a lawyer.

None of the above makes long gun carry wrong. Just pointing things out as they are.

If you choose to seriously pursue this, I strongly urge you to comb through the Missouri statutes and St. Louis ordinances for anything that might be construed to prohibit long gun carry. I would also look at disorderly conduct laws. Actually, if it were me, I'd pay for an hour of an attorney's time and ask him about the ramifications.

Good luck.

Hostile314

Don't mind the thread nazi. ^^^ Some folks just really want to be moderators.

As far as I know, open carry of a handgun is legal in Missouri, with the exception of cities that have banned it (St. Louis being one). While I am not familiar with the statutes, even if legal, I assure you that long gun carry, especially in an urban area, will get you many strange looks, MWAG calls, and police attention. The fact that you are young and black will not help things. You will likely be detained. You may be arrested. You may have to pay lots of money to a lawyer.

None of the above makes long gun carry wrong. Just pointing things out as they are.

If you choose to seriously pursue this, I strongly urge you to comb through the Missouri statutes and St. Louis ordinances for anything that might be construed to prohibit long gun carry. I would also look at disorderly conduct laws. Actually, if it were me, I'd pay for an hour of an attorney's time and ask him about the ramifications.

Good luck.

yea being young and black doesn't make anything better but right legally i can't buy a handgun with me being 20..and plus i'll be able to buy a rifle real soon....i want to stand for our rights as a PEOPLE race doesn't matter to me but i guess to cops it does

ManInBlack

i read that but i contacted several authority people and the said that i still would be thrown in jail

It's sad, but the fact of the matter is that you can never trust American law enforcement to accurately represent the law. This is why you need to study the statutes for yourself, or pay a lawyer.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--Personal attack deleted by Moderator--

Good luck.

Self-moderation is encouraged - when that doesn't work we are where we are.

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC - see Forum Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.