Thread: Robbery at Applebees

Robbery at Applebees

Criminals ignored the "no Guns" sign. Gasp! Imagine that!

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/8275

Here's the original news article linked to by Buckeye Firearms Ass'n:
    http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared...id_16672.shtml

And here's the "contact us" web form to point out the info they were lacking:
    http://www.abc6onyourside.com/sections/station/
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I bet if someone there was OC/CC'ing, that could have been prevented. Stores that post anti-gun signs are kind of screwing themselves over.

Edit: Just re-read that the place was closed. Still valid for other situations in my opinion.
    Last edited by MainelyGlock; 04-03-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    Edit: Just re-read that the place was closed. Still valid for other situations in my opinion.
    Yes, the restaurant was closed but there were employees inside the store closing up. Wonder what could have resulted if one or more of the employees were armed.

Also, I like the suggestion about posting signs that say: "No armed robberies allowed." That'll sure do the trick, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by usmcmustang View Post
    Yes, the restaurant was closed but there were employees inside the store closing up. Wonder what could have resulted if one or more of the employees were armed.

Also, I like the suggestion about posting signs that say: "No armed robberies allowed." That'll sure do the trick, huh?
    How about... "Our employees are unarmed, we'd appreciate it if you bad guys were unarmed too."
    Hoka hey

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    Another success for the Brady Bunch, making the country safer for criminals, one crime scene at a time!

Obviously this is an education issue, proving that criminals have poor reading skills, and couldn't understand the signs that read "Closed" and "No Guns."

This is why I place these signs outside of businesses that feel unarmed customers are better. So far Toys R Us in Reno is the first place to get one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nocarry.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	8286  

Quote Originally Posted by renoglock22 View Post
    This is why I place these signs outside of businesses that feel unarmed customers are better. So far Toys R Us in Reno is the first place to get one.
    Haha. Awesome sign. Mind if I print off some copies and post them? I know of a few stores that could use one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Once more into the fray.

"I knew one thing: as soon as anyone said you didn't need a gun, you'd better take one along that worked."
    Raymond Chandler

I appreciate the intent of the sign, but you are aware that by placing it you are defacing private property?

Especially if the sign is laminated using shatterproof film and super industrial strength adhesive.

Which is why, in spite of our inner voices, we try to be good ambassadors even when nobody is looking.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I appreciate the intent of the sign, but you are aware that by placing it you are defacing private property?

Especially if the sign is laminated using shatterproof film and super industrial strength adhesive.

Which is why, in spite of our inner voices, we try to be good ambassadors even when nobody is looking.

stay safe.
    Yes but they can be properly placed infront of the private propety as not to be on their property. Much like the sign a guy would put in his yard pointing to the neighbor that is anti-gun, telling the criminals you won't us your weapons to defend your anti-gun neighbor.

It is my profound hope, and ardent belief that one of these days, or nights at least ONE responsible citizen will have the occassion to demonstrate the efficacy of being armed "in case of confrontation" - to all of the SURVIVING pacifists, and elitist weasels willing to sacrifice a few lambs to the wolf pack - in exchange for "civility".

Quote Originally Posted by MainelyGlock View Post
    Haha. Awesome sign. Mind if I print off some copies and post them? I know of a few stores that could use one..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    By all means use it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

stay safe.
    In the state of Nevada, it is only defacing if it is permanent. Your example, yes if it is impossible to remove. My stickers however are placed next to their no firearms signs and are printed on regular paper and ran through a little sticker maker so the will peel off pretty easily. It will take a little work to get off but the weather would do it in a few weeks anyway.

Even if perfectly legal, not sure I like the idea. Reminds of gang graffiti.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Even if perfectly legal, not sure I like the idea. Reminds of gang graffiti.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

A Nevada study I read a couple of years back (not sure when but can find if you need) that was conducted by the state concluded that 95% +/- of all graffiti (at least in Nevada) was done by harmless taggers and not gangs. I hate it that when people look at graffiti they automatically think gang. I think people should be given a place to do art like this because there is some good graffiti out there. I don't agree with the vandalism of private property however. Not all graffiti is gang related just like not all OC'ers are gang members or criminals.

A Nevada study I read a couple of years back (not sure when but can find if you need) that was conducted by the state concluded that 95% +/- of all graffiti (at least in Nevada) was done by harmless taggers and not gangs. I hate it that when people look at graffiti they automatically think gang. I think people should be given a place to do art like this because there is some good graffiti out there. I don't agree with the vandalism of private property however. Not all graffiti is gang related just like not all OC'ers are gang members or criminals.
    +1. Portland has a few walls where tagging is legal, and even encouraged by city council members as an outlet for teenagers. There are some really beautiful pieces of art on some of the walls downtown here.
    Once more into the fray.

Raymond Chandler

A study I conduct every day I drive around town, 95 +/- of grafitti in las vegas is ugly as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostlittlerobot View Post
    A study I conduct every day I drive around town, 95 +/- of grafitti in las vegas is ugly as hell.
    I agree, most graffiti is ugly. That is mostly because you have to be quick as not to get caught. Given the time and space to do this there would be very awesome pieces.
    Last edited by renoglock22; 04-08-2012 at 02:17 AM.