• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ceasefire to honor Seattle city attorney

Dave Workman

I guess we're not invited.....
boo hoo

WA Ceasefire to honor Seattle City Attorney

Washington Ceasefire has revealed that it will honor Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes during the organization’s 25th annual luncheon scheduled May 22, but it is not likely that his introduction will include one embarrassing fact: His side lost in the city’s effort to overcome the state’s model preemption act.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/exclusive-wa-ceasefire-to-honor-seattle-city-attorney

amzbrady

Everyone just go in concealed, smile, shake hands, laugh have a good time and then casually towards the end of it remove your jackets. Oh my so many what seemed to be normal people who are gun owners just attended a ceasefire meeting and no one died. Can you imagine. How could it be possible. If there is a fee, be sure to stamp the money you use with "Smith and Wesson", "OpenCarry.org", "Your freedom was made possible by firearms". That would leave a nice little message as they tallied up the contributions at the end.

Last edited:

badkarma

If they can't highlight their successes, they might as well congratulate their failures. How much money do you think they spent on this entire "No Guns in Parks" campaign? It is almost criminal mis-use of public funds if you ask me.

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
If they can't highlight their successes, they might as well congratulate their failures. How much money do you think they spent on this entire "No Guns in Parks" campaign? It is almost criminal mis-use of public funds if you ask me.

It comes to about $10,000 for the signs (I think) plus the manhours to install/remove them. The legal representation was a pro bono thing from one of the law firms in the city. We need to find out which one so we can trumpet their names to all and sundry.

amlevin

Dave-

Maybe we can provide the "trophy" to go along with his award certificate.

Golden-Turd-Award.jpg

Ruby

I wonder if the ceasefire folks will talk about this at their meeting.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/255240/250/VIDEO-US-Army-soldier-brutally-beaten-in-South-Tampa-

This video is pretty violent and this is a good reason to carry a gun. Also notice the hoodies.

I wonder if this is another "retaliation beating" related to Trayvon/Zimmerman. Why do they make such a big deal of him being a soldier?!? Would it be any less horrific if he wasn't??? He's a human being for God's sake!!

rapgood

jsanchez

So who's going? Its $50 large ones to get in. They probably don't allow guns inside so i'll have to go sterile. But getting to ask questions of the mayor and city attorney and getting an opprotunity to sway my anti gun friends out of their confusion.. priceless. If I get the chance I'll ask them about how much it cost the city for the parks lawsuit. The news media will problably be their, because Ceasefire are marketing professionals and thats how they use their influence. I wish some good speakers from our side were going just to do the interviews with the media. You know there has been a coulple of shooting incidences is south seattle the last week so I'm sure that will get spun into it. Just saying its a good opprotunity to steal their propoganda moment from them.

Last edited:

rapgood

Anyone plan on going? Or, at least, an intimate gathering at Starbucks across the street in One Union Square or @ 6th & Union (1/2 block away)?

jsanchez

we are to short handed at work right now, my boss couldn't let me have the time off. So it looks like no one from Open Carry will be attending.

jsanchez

So I went to this event. $50 bucks to get in , $7 for parking. Getting to see the look on Mayor Mcginns face when he walked in and saw me sitting there, priceless. The food was ok. The speakers almost gave me an anurizum. Ralph Fastinilli is retiring after 7 years. Mayor Mcginn talked alot of garbage about open carry, we scare the public and the police. Peter Holmes talked about getting Inslee elected, and Bob Furguson. They all want to stop state preemption and ban guns. I sat thru 4 standing ovation for different people. One of the ladies at my table ask me why I was there, I told her I was from OpenCarry, that was another priceless moment. Gregory Roberts was sitting at my table and the lawyer table was right next to mine, but I can't remember the name of their firm. Everyone I talked to thought I was surprizingly nice and well mannered for a gun nut. The only thing I will do different next time is mingle more with the anti's at the end of the lunch, have more interesting conversations and give these ignorant people the truth about the lies these speakers were selling. It was a good first outing, didn't get booted at the door. I paid my money and sat down at my table, Ralph Fastinili walked over with a big smile and said "we should of charged you more to get in.", I told him I was here to listen and not to cause trouble, and he was cool with that.

I will say this, these people are dedicated, smart, and rich. They are not giving up or going away.

The last speaker was a pretty young girl that took my money out front, new recurit, friend of the recienct shooting in north seattle, as were a whole table (9) other new recruits. I didn't pull out my video camera because I thought they would boot me, and I think the law is I have to have permission for all parties videoed, I don't know, but I played it safe.

Last edited:

massivedesign

Thanks for the report! Did Ralph mention who would be taking on his position as head lie-maker? You know that the new guy/girl will feel like they need to prove something and go big out of the gates.