Thread: Who was this?

Who was this?

http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/W...146021835.html

Who ever this was, good job!! Amazing how a law abiding citizen makes the news, because he supports Walker.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    The article linked says the man had a gun "Tied to his leg"

So, I am imagining a piece of ragged hemp rope or baling twine through the trigger guard attached somewhere below his knee with a square knot.

WTF is with these reporters??? With internet access available everywhere, this is what the wording they use, couldn't they use google "Device to attach handgun to ones self" or something else to find out WTF a holster is?

EDITED TO ADD, I went into my town hall with a clearly visible empty holster, and plopped my DL down on the table, I was told ID is not required, and I replied with "I don't care if it is not required, my point is to prove that I am who I say I am"
    Last edited by Nutczak; 04-04-2012 at 12:16 AM.

I agree great job! Hopefully your on this forum.

Lets see must not have been posted so we get a news story about a guy exercising a right while exercising another right . No laws remotely broken (well maybe for handing out yard signs if there is a distance rule).

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    The article linked says the man had a gun "Tied to his leg"

So, I am imagining a piece of ragged hemp rope or baling twine through the trigger guard attached somewhere below his knee with a square knot.

WTF is with these reporters??? With internet access available everywhere, this is what the wording they use, couldn't they use google "Device to attach handgun to ones self" or something else to find out WTF a holster is?

EDITED TO ADD, I went into my town hall with a clearly visible empty holster, and plopped my DL down on the table, I was told ID is not required, and I replied with "I don't care if it is not required, my point is to prove that I am who I say I am"
    I think this is how it was supposed to be:
    Original:
    Village of Merrillan Clerk Debra Green said Tuesday the man is a firm believer in the right to openly carry firearms. She says he came to the village hall to vote with a pistol in a holster, tied to his leg.

With missing quotes and punctuation, and flow:
    Village of Merrillan Clerk Debra Green said Tuesday "The man is a firm believer in the right to openly carry firearms. He came to the village hall to vote with a pistol in a holster, tied to his leg."

Still misleading but quotes are quotes.
    Last edited by Sorcice; 04-04-2012 at 01:53 AM.

I was carrying a 357 on my hip today when my Wife and I went to vote. I did not get any funny looks or comments. I don't think anyone noticed. I know some of the people have seen me walking the dogs with something on my hip, but again no one seemed to notice. I was kind of surprised

Thanks for sharing the link. I live around those parts, first I've heard of anyone carrying around here. Too bad I'm in a different township or I would of grabbed one of those signs lol.

Not to highjack your thread, but here are a couple of gun related new stories from the Jackson County area.

Armed patents can be denied treatment by EMS
    http://lacrossetribune.com/jacksonco...9bb2963f4.html

Man brings gun into bar, faces charges
    http://lacrossetribune.com/jacksonco...9bb2963f4.html

I OC'd the ole Hi point today when I went to vote... No issue, the ladies working were as polite as they normally are... Carry on...
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

caused a stir

Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/W...146021835.html

Who ever this was, good job!! Amazing how a law abiding citizen makes the news, because he supports Walker.
    WOW now that is newsworthy. He caused a stir. can you say podunk? If i subscribed to the local paper thereI would demand a refund lol

Normally I'd expect small towns to be the ones that don't care about seeing "Eek! A gun!"

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    It wasn't me but I OC'ed voting as well in the City of Elkhorn. No issues and I was directly in front of a Sheriff's deputy.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk