• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who was this?

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
The article linked says the man had a gun "Tied to his leg"

So, I am imagining a piece of ragged hemp rope or baling twine through the trigger guard attached somewhere below his knee with a square knot.

WTF is with these reporters??? With internet access available everywhere, this is what the wording they use, couldn't they use google "Device to attach handgun to ones self" or something else to find out WTF a holster is?

EDITED TO ADD, I went into my town hall with a clearly visible empty holster, and plopped my DL down on the table, I was told ID is not required, and I replied with "I don't care if it is not required, my point is to prove that I am who I say I am"

Last edited:

Jason in WI

I agree great job! Hopefully your on this forum.

Lets see must not have been posted so we get a news story about a guy exercising a right while exercising another right :confused:. No laws remotely broken (well maybe for handing out yard signs if there is a distance rule).

Sorcice

The article linked says the man had a gun "Tied to his leg"

So, I am imagining a piece of ragged hemp rope or baling twine through the trigger guard attached somewhere below his knee with a square knot.

WTF is with these reporters??? With internet access available everywhere, this is what the wording they use, couldn't they use google "Device to attach handgun to ones self" or something else to find out WTF a holster is?

EDITED TO ADD, I went into my town hall with a clearly visible empty holster, and plopped my DL down on the table, I was told ID is not required, and I replied with "I don't care if it is not required, my point is to prove that I am who I say I am"

I think this is how it was supposed to be:
Original:
Village of Merrillan Clerk Debra Green said Tuesday the man is a firm believer in the right to openly carry firearms. She says he came to the village hall to vote with a pistol in a holster, tied to his leg.

With missing quotes and punctuation, and flow:
Village of Merrillan Clerk Debra Green said Tuesday "The man is a firm believer in the right to openly carry firearms. He came to the village hall to vote with a pistol in a holster, tied to his leg."

Still misleading but quotes are quotes.

Last edited:

Grizz272

I was carrying a 357 on my hip today when my Wife and I went to vote. I did not get any funny looks or comments. I don't think anyone noticed. I know some of the people have seen me walking the dogs with something on my hip, but again no one seemed to notice. I was kind of surprised

Johnny Bravo

Thanks for sharing the link. I live around those parts, first I've heard of anyone carrying around here. Too bad I'm in a different township or I would of grabbed one of those signs lol.

Not to highjack your thread, but here are a couple of gun related new stories from the Jackson County area.

Armed patents can be denied treatment by EMS
http://lacrossetribune.com/jacksonc...cle_f695b63c-7901-11e1-a00a-0019bb2963f4.html

Man brings gun into bar, faces charges
http://lacrossetribune.com/jacksonc...cle_d654e31a-7902-11e1-91a6-0019bb2963f4.html

Mlutz

I OC'd the ole Hi point today when I went to vote... No issue, the ladies working were as polite as they normally are... Carry on...

BerettaFS92Custom

paul@paul-fisher.com

It wasn't me but I OC'ed voting as well in the City of Elkhorn. No issues and I was directly in front of a Sheriff's deputy.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk