Thread: Are you sure you know who is at your door?

Are you sure you know who is at your door?

Scary stuff here. A home invasion where the perp disguised himself as a FedEx delivery driver. Stay alert and always answer your door armed.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-home-invasion
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

My wife and I always answer the door open carrying firearms. Of course, we always study the situation through the window/peephole first. We also have a huge promotional cardboard cutout of a Glock 17 hanging in window by the front door.

We don't get too many visitors for some reason... and we live in a really busy, tight, neighborhood, lol. The ones who do brave the trip up the steep hill to knock on our door usually comment about the Glock in the window. The comments are usually about how they expected us to be carrying.

Some may think the Glock in the window "lets criminals know" that there are guns to steal in the house. I think it tells criminals not to even try. Plus, we're responsible gun owners, the guns we don't wear are locked up good if we're not around.

Wait, they have guns in New York?!

Quote Originally Posted by carsontech View Post
    Some may think the Glock in the window "lets criminals know" that there are guns to steal in the house. I think it tells criminals not to even try. Plus, we're responsible gun owners, the guns we don't wear are locked up good if we're not around.
    It doesn't much matter what others think. If your house is protected or broken into because of your cut out that is only your business. I do not personally advertise my firearms but anyone who pays attention to me or my house probably knows I have some. I go shooting every day I can so I am frequently carrying a firearm to my truck.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I just had new couches delivered to my apartment today. I had my XD40 on my hip when I answered the door. The delivery guy asked me if I had bad experiences with previous deliveries because I was armed. I told him I just like being prepared because you can't trust anyone these days. My advice is whenever you let someone into your home that you don't know or aren't expecting, ARM yourself and keep them in sight at all times.

Dion Ruta
    MA3/USN