Thread: Quick Rules Check

Quick Rules Check

I'm traveling home soon and want to make sure I understand this. I can OC loaded in WA but can't carry loaded in a car w/o a valid reciprocal cpl?

Quote Originally Posted by bogidu View Post
    I'm traveling home soon and want to make sure I understand this. I can OC loaded in WA but can't carry loaded in a car w/o a valid reciprocal cpl?
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    That is correct.
    *eyeroll* Thanks.

Exit car, load, unload, enter car, wash, rinse, repeat. *sigh*

*eyeroll* Thanks.

Carry a semi-auto, condition 3. (Chamber empty, magazine full) Leave gun in holster and just remove/insert magazine.
    Live Free or Die!

*eyeroll* Thanks.

You're welcome. Yeah it is a pain. I suggest getting a WA CPL as soon as you can. It makes life so much easier.
    Last edited by SigGuy23; 04-04-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Carry a semi-auto, condition 3. (Chamber empty, magazine full) Leave gun in holster and just remove/insert magazine.
    Yea, that's kinda what I figured. No silly rules like the ammo has to be in a separate compartment or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by SigGuy23 View Post
    You're welcome. Yeah it is a pain. I suggest getting a WA CPL as sonn as you can. It makes life so much easier.
    I don't go home enough to make it worth while, but I do plan on being back for a couple weeks this summer. I suppose if I get it started this trip it will make the next easier. How long's it good for? NM, 5 years, like CO.
    Last edited by bogidu; 04-04-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: duh, looked it up.

Yea, that's kinda what I figured. No silly rules like the ammo has to be in a separate compartment or anything?
    NO.

If the gun is unloaded and the magazine not inserted (in the car) you may duct tape the magazine and the gun to your forehead if you like.
    Live Free or Die!

I don't go home enough to make it worth while, but I do plan on being back for a couple weeks this summer. I suppose if I get it started this trip it will make the next easier. How long's it good for? NM, 5 years, like CO.
    It's good for 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Also, without a CPL you cannot conceal the handgun on your person, even if it is unloaded. The unloaded handgun can be anywhere in the vehicle, concealed or visible, so long as it is not concealed on your person. The ammo can be right next to the handgun, so long as no loaded magazine or ammo is in the gun.
    UNLESS: you are particapating in, going to, or from, and outdoor recreational activity,,,camping and hiking are outdoor recreational activities, as well and hunting and fishing...RCW 9.41.060 (Exemptions)

Not often I can catch you Navy...
    Last edited by hermannr; 04-05-2012 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Also, without a CPL you cannot conceal the handgun on your person, even if it is unloaded. The unloaded handgun can be anywhere in the vehicle, concealed or visible, so long as it is not concealed on your person. The ammo can be right next to the handgun, so long as no loaded magazine or ammo is in the gun.
    Ok, I knew it was going to get muddy. I generally carry right hip, where in a car it is 'obscured' by the seat belt, or depending how far back on my hip I could kinda be sitting on it. Sounds like I may have to adjust my usual carry preference?

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    UNLESS: you are particapating in, going to, or from, and outdoor recreational activity,,,camping and hiking are outdoor recreational activities, as well and hunting and fishing...RCW 9.41.060 (Exemptions)

Not often I can catch you Navy...
    Unfortunately my activities for this visit will be indoors and far more somber than to be considered 'recreational'.