• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick Rules Check

SigGuy23

Activist Member
*eyeroll* :) Thanks.

Exit car, load, unload, enter car, wash, rinse, repeat. *sigh*

You're welcome. Yeah it is a pain. I suggest getting a WA CPL as soon as you can. It makes life so much easier.

Last edited:

bogidu

Carry a semi-auto, condition 3. (Chamber empty, magazine full) Leave gun in holster and just remove/insert magazine.

Yea, that's kinda what I figured. No silly rules like the ammo has to be in a separate compartment or anything?

You're welcome. Yeah it is a pain. I suggest getting a WA CPL as sonn as you can. It makes life so much easier.

I don't go home enough to make it worth while, but I do plan on being back for a couple weeks this summer. I suppose if I get it started this trip it will make the next easier. How long's it good for? NM, 5 years, like CO.

Last edited:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I don't go home enough to make it worth while, but I do plan on being back for a couple weeks this summer. I suppose if I get it started this trip it will make the next easier. How long's it good for? NM, 5 years, like CO.

It's good for 5 years.

hermannr

Also, without a CPL you cannot conceal the handgun on your person, even if it is unloaded. The unloaded handgun can be anywhere in the vehicle, concealed or visible, so long as it is not concealed on your person. The ammo can be right next to the handgun, so long as no loaded magazine or ammo is in the gun.

UNLESS: you are particapating in, going to, or from, and outdoor recreational activity,,,camping and hiking are outdoor recreational activities, as well and hunting and fishing...RCW 9.41.060 (Exemptions)

Not often I can catch you Navy...:)

Last edited:

bogidu

Also, without a CPL you cannot conceal the handgun on your person, even if it is unloaded. The unloaded handgun can be anywhere in the vehicle, concealed or visible, so long as it is not concealed on your person. The ammo can be right next to the handgun, so long as no loaded magazine or ammo is in the gun.

Ok, I knew it was going to get muddy. I generally carry right hip, where in a car it is 'obscured' by the seat belt, or depending how far back on my hip I could kinda be sitting on it. Sounds like I may have to adjust my usual carry preference?

bogidu

UNLESS: you are particapating in, going to, or from, and outdoor recreational activity,,,camping and hiking are outdoor recreational activities, as well and hunting and fishing...RCW 9.41.060 (Exemptions)

Not often I can catch you Navy...:)

Unfortunately my activities for this visit will be indoors and far more somber than to be considered 'recreational'. :(