Thread: I Feel Naked!

Etzenricht, Germany

I Feel Naked!

I took a new job in Germany. I got here three weeks ago and everyday, I nearly jump out of my skin when I'm driving down the road and think that I've forgotten my pistol at home. I feel completely naked without my .45 ACP on my hip!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Prince William County
    You don't feel safer knowing that the BGs must have a Waffenbesitzkarte before they can obtain a firearm?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    , ,
    That's what you get for leaving Virginia!

North Chesterfield VA
    Congrats (I think) on the new job. Hope the pay is enough to make up for the difference in cost of living. While you are there, try the veal. (No comedian jokes, just a reminder that the Germans do like their food. They also take their beir quite seriously - be careful it does not sneak up on you and clobber you on the back of the head.)

Just keep reminding yourself that while you can no longer carry that .45, the cops all carry MK-5s and know they are allowed to use them any time they want. All in all, al is in ordnung.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"

Virginia, Hampton Roads, NC 9 miles away
    Don't you get to have your guns with you over there? I know some military bases oversea's allow you to have a limit on firearms in your pack out to take overseas, and Germany being a gun/friendly country you could/can?
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?