Thread: Pima county sheriff demands ID

Pima county sheriff demands ID

I just came across this on youtube. I don't know the whole story as it just happened yesterday, but I thought I would share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWwSlcDH9cU

I certainly hope that guys has a lawsuit in the works. Much of that was certainly uncalled for. They were free to leave, then not free to leave. Then physically assaulted and searched without true RAS, vehicle (possibly) searched or at least was about to until the officer remembered the camera on him. ID demanded under color of law, firearm seized (and probably searched serial #) assaulted a second time by a second officer. Officers refused to ID when requested....

Man I hope this guys goes after them... I half expected them to light them up with blue lights as soon as they tried to drive off at the end and pull them over, then demand ID a second time.
    "A Right Un-exercised is a Right Lost"

"According to the law, [openly carrying] in a vehicle is against the law if the weapon is concealed" -Flamethrower (think about it....)

Carrying an XDm 9mm with Hornady Critical Defense hollowpoint. Soon to be carrying a Ruger along with it....

I don't know the details of what occured prior to the start of the video, but it seems to me like the cops were bored and on a fishing expedition. ARS 13-2412 states that a person is required to produce their full name to the police if they are lawfully detained and the cops feel that they have reasonable suspicion that a crime was committed, is being committed, or will be committed. In other words, we're talking about a huge gray area where virtually anything can be used to add up to "reasonable suspicion," kind of like disorderly conduct...

I think the clincher for these gentlemen is that the first cop said they were free to go. Obviously he had no RAS that a crime had been or was about to be committed. The 2nd cop didn't have any special information therefore his "request" didn't need to be heeded.

Quote Originally Posted by TyGuy View Post
    I think the clincher for these gentlemen is that the first cop said they were free to go. Obviously he had no RAS that a crime had been or was about to be committed. The 2nd cop didn't have any special information therefore his "request" didn't need to be heeded.
    Indeed.