Thread: A new addition to the family

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

A new addition to the family

My wife and I give each other Easter Gifts each year. This year I gave her a Louis Vuitton purse.

I always carry (In the car, truck, ATV, Tractor, Etc.) a rifle or rifle/shotgun combo, sometimes more than one...in addition to my pistol. I have a special love of doubles but don't carry my better ones as EDC's.

Anyway, her gift to me was a Stoger Coach Gun which has become the backup for my 44's now.
    I gave it a serious work out and flat love it. It does better with Turkey loads than it should also.

Just to keep it OC with a handgun legal, a couple of my favorite walking around guns that go with it:
    Last edited by peter nap; 04-05-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Congratulations on the new child. It's sad, though, that it has no ears - they would go so well with the brothers and sisters you pictured.

And since when did you start using turkey loads for dog hunters?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Congratulations on the new child. It's sad, though, that it has no ears - they would go so well with the brothers and sisters you pictured.

And since when did you start using turkey loads for dog hunters?

stay safe.
    I'm making special loads for the Dog Hunters.

BTW, was this you I saw today?

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'm making special loads for the Dog Hunters.

BTW, was this you I saw today?

No. Mine's bone white and has the power doors.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

My wife and I give each other Easter Gifts each year. This year I gave her a Louis Vuitton purse.
    I got a Louis Vuitton purse at the local Good Will store for $10. In fact two of them, one from my friend. I was stunned to see them and both appear to be authentic, and not knock-offs. (photos supplied on request). One is a small clutch purse and the other a white handbag, with a cylindrical shape. Sadly, neither contained firearms.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by sawah View Post
    I got a Louis Vuitton purse at the local Good Will store for $10. In fact two of them, one from my friend. I was stunned to see them and both appear to be authentic, and not knock-offs. (photos supplied on request). One is a small clutch purse and the other a white handbag, with a cylindrical shape. Sadly, neither contained firearms.
    I don't want to tell what I paid for the thing....but I could a decent 50 cal and have change for ammunition

I always carry (In the car, truck, ATV, Tractor, Etc.) a rifle or rifle/shotgun combo, sometimes more than one...in addition to my pistol. I have a special love of doubles but don't carry my better ones as EDC's.

Anyway, her gift to me was a Stoger Coach Gun which has become the backup for my 44's now.
    I gave it a serious work out and flat love it. It does better with Turkey loads than it should also.

Just to keep it OC with a handgun legal, a couple of my favorite walking around guns that go with it:
    n i love your Ruger super Blackhawk

Quote Originally Posted by robert1970 View Post
    n i love your Ruger super Blackhawk
    Thank you. Most people like the BFR. I had two and traded the 45/410 for another gun. that one is 45/70.
    The Ruger lives with me during Deer Season. One on my other 44's (usually the Taures Titanium) is my EDC beater.
    Last edited by peter nap; 04-06-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Nice shotgun Peter!!! My wife got me a new gun for my birthday. Not quite as fancy as yours, but it's one I've wanted for a while.

Beretta PX4 Sub-Compact 9mm
    Last edited by thebigsd; 04-06-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Nice shotgun Peter!!! My wife got me a new gun for my birthday. Not quite as fancy as yours, but it's one I've wanted for a while.

Those are nice little guns!

I can't help but to agree...,

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post

I just bought (traded my PT111 and a few extra bucks) the same pistol, and I like it very much. Brought it to the Richmond area breakfast (4/7) with Mrs. and 'Lil Miss sidestreet. Enjoyed seeing all, sorry we had to leave early, have a great dinner tomorrow night, guys!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Quote Originally Posted by sidestreet View Post
    I just bought (traded my PT111 and a few extra bucks) the same pistol, and I like it very much. Brought it to the Richmond area breakfast (4/7) with Mrs. and 'Lil Miss sidestreet. Enjoyed seeing all, sorry we had to leave early, have a great dinner tomorrow night, guys!

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.
    We'll be thinking about you Sidestreet. Have fun!