Thread: Kernersville Truliant Federal Credit Union

Kernersville Truliant Federal Credit Union

I used to advertise the fact that the Truliant Credit Union in Kernersville was gun-friendly but not any longer. I saw this sign as I entered yesterday to make a payment. So after walking back to the car and disarming, I pulled my money and closed everything that I could. Wish I could afford to pull my loan from them too but can't yet. I almost didn't see it since it was basically at my feet. Not sure how long it has been there. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0801.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	8288
    "God, Guns, & Guts Made America, Lets Use All 3!!!"

You would think that in an effort to get the point across, they'd at least put it somewhere more visible...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

[ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]

Quote Originally Posted by smlawrence View Post
    I used to advertise the fact that the Truliant Credit Union in Kernersville was gun-friendly but not any longer. I saw this sign as I entered yesterday to make a payment. So after walking back to the car and disarming, I pulled my money and closed everything that I could. Wish I could afford to pull my loan from them too but can't yet. I almost didn't see it since it was basically at my feet. Not sure how long it has been there. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0801.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	8288
    Did you have any converstaion with the management concerning the reason for you closing your account?

I would expect that rather than try and defend the efficacy of thier ridiculous sign they fell back on "Sorry, Corporate Policy".

They put those up right after the bill passed allowing open carry in banks. Every branch I have been to has them low on the window/door also and I have never been to the K-ville branch. Been meaning to send a letter to corporate asking who made the decision so I will not re-elect them but I mainly go to the SC branch so it doesn't affect me directly.

Edit: Email has been sent.
    Last edited by NC-Heel; 04-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Heel View Post
    They put those up right after the bill passed allowing open carry in banks...
    Just picking nits here, but the bill that was recently passed allowed concealed carry in financial institutions. Open Carry was never restricted unless by the property owner.

BTW, I have not had any issues at Coastal Federal Credit Union with carrying. No signs and not one word about the gun on my hip when I go in to do business.

Oh, I thought that allowed open carry. Shows what I know. So the worst they can do is ask me to leave if someone with x-ray vision spots my weapon. Still going to find out who authorized the signage/policy and voice my opinion.