• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kernersville Truliant Federal Credit Union

smlawrence

I used to advertise the fact that the Truliant Credit Union in Kernersville was gun-friendly but not any longer. I saw this sign as I entered yesterday to make a payment. So after walking back to the car and disarming, I pulled my money and closed everything that I could. Wish I could afford to pull my loan from them too but can't yet. I almost didn't see it since it was basically at my feet. Not sure how long it has been there. IMAG0801.jpg

No hate

I used to advertise the fact that the Truliant Credit Union in Kernersville was gun-friendly but not any longer. I saw this sign as I entered yesterday to make a payment. So after walking back to the car and disarming, I pulled my money and closed everything that I could. Wish I could afford to pull my loan from them too but can't yet. I almost didn't see it since it was basically at my feet. Not sure how long it has been there. View attachment 8288

Did you have any converstaion with the management concerning the reason for you closing your account?

I would expect that rather than try and defend the efficacy of thier ridiculous sign they fell back on "Sorry, Corporate Policy".

NC-Heel

They put those up right after the bill passed allowing open carry in banks. Every branch I have been to has them low on the window/door also and I have never been to the K-ville branch. Been meaning to send a letter to corporate asking who made the decision so I will not re-elect them but I mainly go to the SC branch so it doesn't affect me directly.

Edit: Email has been sent.

Last edited:

dmatting

They put those up right after the bill passed allowing open carry in banks...

Just picking nits here, but the bill that was recently passed allowed concealed carry in financial institutions. Open Carry was never restricted unless by the property owner.

BTW, I have not had any issues at Coastal Federal Credit Union with carrying. No signs and not one word about the gun on my hip when I go in to do business.

NC-Heel

Oh, I thought that allowed open carry. Shows what I know. So the worst they can do is ask me to leave if someone with x-ray vision spots my weapon. Still going to find out who authorized the signage/policy and voice my opinion.