Thread: Why does it take longer for Kentucky to process the CDWL than Ohio?

Why does it take longer for Kentucky to process the CDWL than Ohio?

I was reading another forum about how long it takes to get a concealed carry permit in Ohio. There you go through a 12 hour course, you get the certificate the same day. Take it to the sheriff, go through the process and get the permit in a matter of days.

One person took the 12 hour course on a Saturday, did the range time Sunday, took the certificate to the Sheriff Department Monday and received the CCW in the mail Wednesday.

My question is three parts.

Why can't the certificate be issued on the spot as soon as you pass the required course in KY?

Is there any legislation or effort in the works to speed the process up in KY?

Thanks

bureaucracy - administration characterized by excessive red tape and routine.

All states are different in their process of issuing CDWLs.

Founder's Club Member
    Oh, when I read the thread title, I thought it was asking something different.

I was gonna say because they're busy making better bourbon.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Kentucky's licensing system is much faster than Texas's system. At one time, it was a 6 month wait to get the license.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Our CCDW is recognized by 31 other states, more than any other license except Michigan's.
    [/COLOR]
    [/SIZE]
    Our license is recognized by 37 states, including vermont.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.