• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fighting Back in WA.

golddigger14s

Activist Member

Metalhead47

Bah! You beat me to it! :p

Surprised the Bonny Lake case isn't facing charges, considering he shot at a fleeing suspect. Not that he should, but...

Here's some more from Q13:

Go jump in a lake!
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-sus...apparently-cant-swim-20120405,0,2070247.story

Like the Q13 quote on the OP's story better, hehe:

Two young men who were trying to break into Angela Tallman's house in Gig Harbor Thursday got a major surprise when Tallman appeared at a window, tapped her handgun against the glass to get their attention and gave them a look of, "Come on in, let's play."
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-mor...-to-burglarize-homes-20120405,0,1090714.story

Not sure what to make of this one:

"I get it -- guns aren't for everybody but you should have something to protect yourself and you should be aware of what's going on,” Clayton Sperry, of Blumenthal Law Enforcement Equipment, said Thursday.
"All of that stuff is going to work well for you if you know how to use it. The flip side of that, if you're not trained properly it can get turned around and used against you,” Sperry said.
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-non...protection-suggested-20120405,0,3098625.story

223to45

Maybe some BG's will take note, oh wait they're too stupid to watch the news.

PIERCE, KITSAP COUNTIES — Police said homeowners either shot at or scared off intruders with guns in Bonney Lake and Gig Harbor in the latest of three incidents.
The would-be burglaries were nearly back-to-back Thursday morning.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/crime-law/gun-toting-homeowners-fight-back-against-burglars/nMKns/

What about the interview with WA Cease fire, what a tool.:cuss:

LkWd_Don

I was watching this morning and liked how the News person made a comment that Gun Shops will probably be getting greater business now.

amlevin

On Channel 7 news this AM their research has shown 8 incidents so far this year where armed homeowners have decided "enough!". The lucky ones are still cleaning the "skidmarks" out of their shorts. The rest are now memorialized on the Obituary Page.

Metalhead47

On Channel 7 news this AM their research has shown 8 incidents so far this year where armed homeowners have decided "enough!". The lucky ones are still cleaning the "skidmarks" out of their shorts. The rest are now memorialized on the Obituary Page.

I wonder if ol' Ralphie Fascist-elli is cleaning is own skidmark at the point :banana:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Car theft case leads to shots fired

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Car-theft-case-leads-to-shots-fired-146566945.html

Another case of a citizen protecting themselves while locating his stolen car with the thieves were sitting inside of it actually within a block of the Yakima Police Department.
When he was threaten with a knife he employed his firearm but shot into the air stating he did so out of fear, personally I feel it would have been safer shooting into the perp thus avoid hitting an innocent person.

noname762

I'm GLAD to see it!!! Its about time we sent them a message

The funny tho strange thing is I've seen ALOT of instances lately both on the local AND national news of citizens defending their homes or their own lives with firearms where THE GUN OWNER is listed as THE VICTIM not the perp. What's even stranger is the local news is covering these stories WITHOUT their usual anti gun propaganda!!! One has to wonder what's up with that??? I'm NOT complaining tho mind you just flabbergasted is all but in a good way!!

Could this be a trend??

noname762

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Car-theft-case-leads-to-shots-fired-146566945.html

Another case of a citizen protecting themselves while locating his stolen car with the thieves were sitting inside of it actually within a block of the Yakima Police Department.
When he was threaten with a knife he employed his firearm but shot into the air stating he did so out of fear, personally I feel it would have been safer shooting into the perp thus avoid hitting an innocent person.

If I had 2 or more BGs in front of me I surely wouldn't be wasting rounds firing into the air!! Shooting them would seem much more practical besides..........

Only a fool brings a knife to a gunfight.

Flopsweat

The funny tho strange thing is I've seen ALOT of instances lately both on the local AND national news of citizens defending their homes or their own lives with firearms where THE GUN OWNER is listed as THE VICTIM not the perp. What's even stranger is the local news is covering these stories WITHOUT their usual anti gun propaganda!!! One has to wonder what's up with that??? I'm NOT complaining tho mind you just flabbergasted is all but in a good way!!

Could this be a trend??

Maybe they've actually noticed the change in attitude toward self defence. After all, reporting is not about facts - it's about giving the people what they want. Even of it's the truth. ;)

Beretta92FSLady

I wouldn't shoot at a fleeing perp, even if it was to scare them off; what if I actually shot them...in the back! Bad to shoot at someone fleeing.

A couple of years ago there was a man who shot his SKS from his balcony at a fleeing thief that was running off with the man's speaker box. Apparently the man was aiming for the perps leg and got him in the head (if I remember right). Tried to find the link but came-up empty handed. If I remember right the guy received two years for manslaughter.

Metalhead47

I wouldn't shoot at a fleeing perp, even if it was to scare them off; what if I actually shot them...in the back! Bad to shoot at someone fleeing.

A couple of years ago there was a man who shot his SKS from his balcony at a fleeing thief that was running off with the man's speaker box. Apparently the man was aiming for the perps leg and got him in the head (if I remember right). Tried to find the link but came-up empty handed. If I remember right the guy received two years for manslaughter.

Actually it was a Mosin-Nagant, 7.62x54. Don't imagine the perp had much of a head left. Pity the good guy ended up going to jail over it. :cuss:

Vitaeus

Shooting at a fleeing man is NOT the act of a "good" man, He killed someone over "stuff", my firearm is to defend my life or my families life. Firearms are tools, you are responsible for the use of it.

Metalhead47

Shooting at a fleeing man is NOT the act of a "good" man, He killed someone over "stuff", my firearm is to defend my life or my families life. Firearms are tools, you are responsible for the use of it.

Which I think is absolutely, 100% justified. Someone fleeing with your "stuff" is still robbing you. No, under current state law it is absolutely 100% illegal to shoot at someone in that case nor would I suggest someone do so. But that doesn't make the shooter a bad guy or even a "bad" guy. He just make a foolish choice under the current legal system. Illegal doesn't necessarily equal wrong.

TechnoWeenie

Is that why the penalty for cattle rustling was hanging?

You're taking away a mans means of living and survival. Taking someones horse 150 yrs ago is the same as taking their car today........

Morally speaking, I have NO problem stopping someone in unlawful possession of my property, using whatever means necessary. If that means the guy died over 3$ in change he just stole from my ash tray, then so be it.

Legally speaking, however, is another issue entirely.

When someone works, and spends time to make money, the things that are purchased with that money, are purchased with time, that they will not get back. Stealing a mans stuff is the same as stealing his life.

Let's say I buy a used car for 5K, and am making 24k a year.. That would mean that 2 and 1/2 months of my life are gone, disappeared.... Stolen by the person who stole the car.. If that person wishes to risk losing the rest of his time, for me to regain/maintain my 2 1/2 months of my life spent earning that car, then so be it... Otherwise, you'd be spending another 2 1/2 months of your life, which you cannot get back, earning your car back...

OC for ME

No all home break-ins, where the owners are home, are for the purpose of harming the home owner. If the unfortunate were to happen and your are home during a break-in, do not employ physical force unless they, the perps, engage in behavior that goes beyond stealing your stuff. Remember, it's just stuff.