• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proper Boots for Tactical Combat Shooting

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
As a bounty hunter, I hope that we don't ever need to draw our handguns, much less use them to shoot a skip.
But I am also a realist who knows that it can happen on any apprehension. And that knowledge is manifest on this forum.
Everyone here has a vested interest in self defense. We all carry because we are committed to our own personal safety,
defense of our homes, families and neighbors. We all train for what we hope we never need to do.
We all carry a handgun that we nope never is needed for actual combat shooting.
Be that as it may, we should consider every piece of equipment we carry to help us aviod the situation, or if the situation is inevitable, to perform in such a manner that we survive a combat encounter, along with anybody and everybody else who is threatened by a thug.

That being said, one of the most important aspects of combat shooting is our stance. Naturally, our stance is affected by our footwear. What choice should we make, as Coloradoans, to prepare for that possible encounter to help assure a favorable outcome? We ought to consider very carefully what we wear on our feet to help us shoot straight and walk away unscathed.

With summer coming along, we also need to consider that traditional tactical footwear may not be best suited for those hot days when the mercury slides past 100 degrees.

With all that in mind, I suggest to you.... Colorado Tactical Boots for Summer!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

(click image for larger version)

Tactical Boots.jpg

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Tactic00L!

Howdy Folks!
[ ... ]
That being said, one of the most important aspects of combat shooting is our stance. Naturally, our stance is affected by our footwear. What choice should we make, as Coloradoans, to prepare for that possible encounter to help assure a favorable outcome? We ought to consider very carefully what we wear on our feet to help us shoot straight and walk away unscathed.

With summer coming along, we also need to consider that traditional tactical footwear may not be best suited for those hot days when the mercury slides past 100 degrees.

With all that in mind, I suggest to you.... Colorado Tactical Boots for Summer!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

(click image for larger version)

View attachment 8289

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Do they offer a steel-toed version of those?

And for us puddle-jumpers - do they come with a Goretex lining?

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I just noticed - those don't have a western heel.

Oh well, will have to look elsewhere - drat it!

Skid - for something waterproof try these.. :p

mahkagari

In seriousness, I'm often found in Crocs or dress shoes/boots at the range as that's what I'm likely to be wearing if I find myself in a tactical encounter against a yuppie-targeting thug.

Last edited:

DrakeZ07

I just noticed - those don't have a western heel.

Oh well, will have to look elsewhere - drat it!

Skid - for something waterproof try these.. :p

I have a pair of those.

Also, Skeletoes work well for tactical shooting in moist enviroments like taking your lead and anger out on that catfish that drug your pole into the water, but sits a couple feet away from the bank and taunts you.