• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Washington

MamaKennedy

I'm looking at moving to Kitsap County area in WA in the next couple of months and need a little help shopping. I would like to find an Attorney that has experience or specializes in 2nd amendment rights & self defense that I can put business card in my wallet. Can anyone give a recommendation?

I have already learned my lesson about needed an Attorney and not knowing who to call, and i don't want to go there again!

LkWd_Don

This may be a bit early.. but welcome to Washington State..

Sorry.. can't help with a name.. but I am sure someone will respond with what you are looking for.

Lammo

I'm looking at moving to Kitsap County area in WA in the next couple of months and need a little help shopping. I would like to find an Attorney that has experience or specializes in 2nd amendment rights & self defense that I can put business card in my wallet. Can anyone give a recommendation?

I have already learned my lesson about needed an Attorney and not knowing who to call, and i don't want to go there again!

I seemed to recall that a guy I knew in college was practicing firearms related law over on the wet side of the state. Did a quick Google search and confirmed my recollection. That attorney is Dennis Brislawn and one place you can find him on-line is here: http://www.guntrustswa.com/ Don't know if his practice would provide the sort of "on call" type of service I suspect you are looking for but, as I always tell people when I make a referral, if he can't help you ask him who he would recommend. Oh, yeah, welcome to Washington (even if you are moving to the wet side :) ).

hermannr

I have already learned my lesson about needed an Attorney and not knowing who to call, and I don't want to go there again!

I live on the dry side too, so no help here...but may I say, I would think after 40+ years of OC, having a lawyer available to call is not a bad idea, but I would think generally unnecessary here. For the most part, I think most (not all) WA LEO's know the law and abide by it...Yes, I know there have been some that have been proned out for nothing more than a legal carry...but if you think about it...that is very rare here.

Another thing we have here is if a DA decides to prosecute on firearms law, he better be pretty sure of where he is. If he looses his governmental juristiction gets to pay you and your atturney (without an extra law suit)