• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New carry gun input requested.

battleborn

The Sig Sauer SP2022 also fits your criteria. I have two, one in 9mm and another in .40 S&W. Fantastic guns with a great SA trigger.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334818134.056470.jpg

Eeyore

1. Have any of you had experience with this model and if so how do you like it?
2. Do you see any potential drawbacks of this model?
3. The model I am looking for is the M734001-A5 P30S .40 S&W (V3) DA/SA with safety and ambidextrous decocking button. No one local here seems to have them in stock any suggestions?

1. I haven't shot the .40, only the 9mm. Liked it a lot, so I'm saving my pennies to get a .40 as well, but without the safety.
2. It takes almost 90,000 pennies to get one.
3. www.budsgunshop.com, www.gunsatcost.com

If you google "HK P30 review" you'll get hits for videos on YouTube (Hickock45's reviews are highly regarded) and comments on all the major gun-related fora (glocktalk, xdtalk, hkpro, waltherforum, thehighroad, etc.). There's always a lively debate between the people who prefer DA/SA and those who prefer LEM. Some people think the DA/SA trigger ought to be better on a $900 gun. Maybe they're right--it's not as good as a Sig, though I didn't find it any worse than a Beretta M9. And for $75 you can have Bill Springfield lighten and smooth both the DA and SA pulls.

And battleborn is right, the Sig SP2022 does fit your original criteria. It's a good bit cheaper than the P30, though I guarantee it won't feel as good in your hand.

Another gun that fit my hand very well and meets your criteria is the Baby Desert Eagle. It has a slide-mounted safety/decocker (like a Beretta) which you may or may not like. The drawback is that the all-steel one is heavy for a carry gun, and the polymer-framed one is too ugly to be carried around in daylight. ;-)

Hevymetal

Well, I made my decision today.

I thought I had decided on the HK P30S .40 until today. I am vacationing in Kentucky and happen to go to a gun shop down here owned by a relative of my wife's.

I found "Another" gun i fell in love with. The Sig P229 Enhanced Elite Scorpion TB.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p229-scorpion-tb.aspx

First time I have ever seen this model. I LOVE the grips, not quite as ergonomic as the HK but darn close. It is a little heavier then the HK, but it's a SIG. They had it in stock in 9MM. I wanted the .40 but once again OUT OF STOCK :(

The threaded barrel wasn't a feature I had been originally been looking for, however the 25+ suppressors they had on display (God I love Kentucky) convinced me that I may have to break down and fill out the paperwork, take a number then hurry up and wait and get one in the future.

It doesn't have a safety, but neither does my P230 so I guess I can live without it I'm already used to not having one. I will carry this one the same as I do my P230, round chambered, hammer down.

The SRT trigger on the SIG seems a little more fluid and responsive then the HK. Not to say the HK is bad cause it is nice too. The decock lever on the Sig is more what I am used too. Every time I decocked the HK it felt as though the gun would discharge (the hammer comes down FAST) (I believe it uses a different system then the Sig)

The dovetail and hammer setup on the Sig seems easier and more intuitive. I feel as though I have more thumb control with the SIG.

Both models have the Picatany rail setup. Green laser next on the list of things to get.

The stock sights on the SIG kick the HK's ass IMHO. Although neither seem as bright or nice as the Trijicon ones. I can live with the Sig stock sights, no way I would with the HK.

I will probably eventually get the P30S in .40 whenever they become more available again so I can finally have a .40 but I was impressed with the Sig enough that I bought it :)

I also purchased another gun too (bad day for my wallet) I bought the wife a SW Model 637 CT

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Our wedding anniversary is coming up next month so I got her the .38 as a present. I am having it refinished in Pink for her (Yeah I know, don't say it, she said she has always wanted a pink gun with a laser sight) Surprise :) Happy Anniversary Babe

I will post more about these weapons as they get some rounds though them at home. I will attempt to relay my impressions and experiences with them. By all means continue to post opinions and suggestions to this thread if you want to, cause you never know when you will run across an awesome weapon you didn't know about before and as everyone knows you can never have too many weapons.

Thank you everyone for the helpful insight and input. This journey has been an enlightening one and I appreciate everyone's help making it.

Hevymetal