Thread: Great KCMO cops

Great KCMO cops

With all of the bad stuff going on with LEO's, I just have to make a post about two great LEO's I met tonight.

My mother-in-law had $500 stolen from her purse in her apartment, PROBABLY by a "friend" who was visiting when I stopped in to pick her up.

The two officers that responded to the non-emergency call were a short french guy, Officer Hanriot and a tall, young, black rookie name Officer Brown. When they walked in one of the first questions concerned my sidearm. The rookie asked his partner if he needed to secure my sidearm since it was a crime scene. I asked if it was actually necessary, in a nice way, and Hanriot said no, but asked why I was carrying

I used Chiang's line, "I am a 2nd amendment activist" and I smiled. We talked about gun laws in Missouri and Kansas which they were both not very well aware of, but they listened politely and nodded and asked nice questions. The rookie patiently questioned and listened to my mother-in-law who can barely speak since her stroke, but he understood her and treated her very kindly. Hanriot started chatting about Glocks (KC cops carry 40Cal Glocks) and Ar-15's. Turns out we are both DPMS fans and owners.

I spent alot of time explaining open carry, told them about this website and walked them out.

Two very professional and pleasant officers. I will be writing their bosses. They are probably the finest officers (human beings!!) I believe I have met in KC so far. I told them to expect to see some of you around town. They are from 75th st.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

That's awesome !

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    That's awesome !
    +1. Good on you, Peter, for making sure to let their superiors know of their professional behavior.

That is very cool, always better to have these kind of encounters as opposed to the other option(s).

On a side note, since I haven't had any direct contact with any officers, just walked by them, numerous times(I frequent Wally World and Quik-Trip,) but I'd like to praise those that I have passed, that looked directly at me and my side-arm, and said absolutely nothing. Which is about the best kind of police encounter you can have I guess.

Edit: I, by no means, look or dress "respectable". I prefer sweats and t-shirts. So I kinda hafta give them extra kudos for that aspect alone lol
    Last edited by BionicRooster; 04-07-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    We talked about gun laws in Missouri and Kansas which they were both not very well aware of, but they listened politely and nodded and asked nice questions.
    They seem like real swell guys and all, but bear in mind, these are the same people who carry guns and the State's permission to use lethal force to uphold the laws. If they don't even know the laws, then...
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Along the lines of what ManInBlack said, I would also definitely write their boss to complement, but I would politely express my concern for their lack of knowledge on the subject.

Sounded like a positive encounter. Sadly it's yet another illustration of department protocols or training not being up to speed with the current laws.

Here's your duh-huh #9 moment in that situation: Do we need to secure that firearm, it is a crime scene after all.

Um...yeah that's why I'm carrying, DUH!

Quote Originally Posted by ManInBlack View Post
    They seem like real swell guys and all, but bear in mind, these are the same people who carry guns and the State's permission to use lethal force to uphold the laws. If they don't even know the laws, then...
    lol... yes, I expressed my surprise at their lack of knowledge on open carry laws in a very polite way, saying that I really thought officers would know more than I do, and that I would be available at their email request to give a briefing on the topic since I have been a professional educator.... lol.

No response yet
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln

I like hearing the good encounters we always need more of those posted I have been able to post more positive then negitive lately (:

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk