• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In the news today.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Typical non-knowing journalist. I've been a journalist, and strived to make sure my facts were clear. If you don't know the subject, don't report on it. Either be an expert on the subject, or consult with somebody who is. sigh

fire suppressor

we need a permit to carry outside our homes? Great this is just the kind of information that tends to stick in people's minds. I will be sending off a polite email correcting their statement

Knowledge

Really, what and idiot. It didn't take me more than 2 minutes to figure out what I could do with a gun. I don't have a CPL.

dadada

I emailed the writer, and she corrected the erroneous paragraph. Here reply was a "blame the web editor" miscommunication response.

jt59

noname762

In Washington you don't need a permit to carry handguns or long guns in your vehicle. But it must be unloaded. It should be cased (to protect the gun or to prevent it from becoming a missile in an accident). If you are leaving your vehicle without the firearm it must be out of sight and the vehicle locked.

Schlepnier

Well i have ended up leaving some detailed long comments to hopefully educate some people and have already gotten hostile responses, lets see how they like my replies.
:banana:

hermannr

In Washington you don't need a permit to carry handguns or long guns in your vehicle. But it must be unloaded. It should be cased (to protect the gun or to prevent it from becoming a missile in an accident). If you are leaving your vehicle without the firearm it must be out of sight and the vehicle locked.

Mine is always cased...in it's holster...on my hip...been there for years

223to45

WOW, WA is right up there in the top few, now I wonder out of the 900K Florida permits how many are actually in Florida. ( already looked at the Florida source , didn't break it down.)

Last edited:

michaelm_ski

Concealed Permits

The people of Washington need to be brought up to date on open carry alittle more if it seems like they aren't so open that the news people aren't aware of it :) . Carry on and be proud of your freedom .

DCKilla

The people of Washington need to be brought up to date on open carry alittle more if it seems like they aren't so open that the news people aren't aware of it :) . Carry on and be proud of your freedom .
Most of Washington is informed of OC. Our citizens are not completly brain dead. OC in this state has been in the news several times. The news is lazy or slanted, maybe a little of both. If they are willing to make corrections, then laziness maybe the factor.

Last edited: