• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie here ! stopping by for anybody in cabarrus county

bigguns76

Anybody here in cabarrus or maybe rowan county open carry ? what have you looked up and new rules or do's and don'ts do you have to share

ArmySoldier22

First, welcome to the forum. I'm here in Cabarrus county, and I carry everywhere I go "aside from the places off limits of course. Restaurants that serve alcohol, etc." I haven't had too many issues around here. I've been carrying in the area for almost a year now, and have had maybe 3 negative experiences with people, but they were quickly resolved "mostly be my just ignoring them eventually". No issues with LEOs. I eat at the subway near me here in Concord, and around lunch time, a lot of LEOs show up. A few of them will glance at my firearm, I think more out of curiosity than anything else, and then they go back to what they were doing. From what I can tell, this seems to be a pretty OC friendly area for the most part. Infact, one of the negative experiences I mentioned was at a taco bell, and before I could even reply to the person causing a fuss, the manager stepped in and defended what I was doing and said she was happy that I was there. Not sure where you're at here in Cabarrus, but the area has always been pretty friendly to me.

bigguns76

Well I just remembered I i am now just over the county line in rown county becouse of moveing , But I am in cabarrus county 98 % of the time anyways . live in cabarrus county since 2008 . I carry a glock 31 .357 sig with a standard fobus paddle owb holster .

bigguns76

Been thinking of open carring lately , I go to my CCW appoint. next week to apply so I am considering open carry till I recieve that CCW .

ArmySoldier22

That was the reason I started open carrying as well, it was a way to protect myself until I got my concealed permit. But then I just kept putting off getting my CHP, and OCing eventually just became a huge part of my life. You're lucky that your appointments next week, I still have until the beginning of May before mine. But even after I get my CHP, I'll still mostly OC just because it's become a part of who I am. It's just nice to have the option to cover up, and there are places that I'll need it, like SC.

bigguns76

I ahve only seen one person open carry and that was in walmart , and I not sure about it in there. What is the rule for while in the car ? I am going to try to get the wife comfy while I do it . I am comfy with it just used to doing it in the military world for 15 yrs . not in the civi world

cap-n-ball

I open carry, but of course it's hard to conceal a .44 Remington with an 8 inch barrel. I open carried for the first time in China Grove yesterday with no incidents and just about always open carry in the Salisbury area. And I always open carry whenever I go to Rockwell.

ArmySoldier22

Thank you ! I am looking forward to talking with others on here . I go get my CCW on monday ! weeeeee

Would you might posting how long they tell you it's probably going to take? My appointment isn't until the 4th, so I'd like to get some general idea of how long after that I'll actually be able to get it lol.

bigguns76

I will do ! sometimes it varys on peoples background such as several states in the past and or military experience . ect . But as soon as i get back home I will let you know .:cool:

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran
Welcome, bigguns76!

Glad to have you here. I mix it up between CC and OC but tend to carry open more. I'm down by the speedway but I also go up to Salisbury to shoot at the rifle range.

Vern_S

I am getting ready to open carry here in Salisbury. Has anyone had any issues here? Anyone interested in a meeting at some point?

ArmySoldier22

I am getting ready to open carry here in Salisbury. Has anyone had any issues here? Anyone interested in a meeting at some point?

Be sure to check out the thread located at the top of the forum "Charlotte Area OC, Meet Greet, and Event Discussion". We used to do it on the first Saturday of each month, but a lot of us have gotten pretty busy with work lately. However, I'm going to try to set something up, so be just to check it out. Btw, welcome to OCDO!

G22shooter

Campaign Veteran

I have been out and about while OC at the Food Lion, Taco Bell, McDonald's and other places at Jake Alexander Boulevard and Mooresville Road -- usually when on my way to or from the Rowan county wildlife club.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2