• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another new guy

landyacht302

Hello all, just wanted to make a quick post and introduce myself. My names Paul and just moved back to central Ohio after spending some time living in Pennsylvania. Ive been carrying for a few years now, but I'm new to open carry. Ive tried it on a few occasions each time it seems to get easier and it doesnt feel like everyone is staring at me! :D It feels a lot like when I first started to carry. With the warm weather coming I'm wanting to make OC my preferred method of carry it just feels more comfortable to me. Are there many OC get togethers around the Columbus/Newark area?

Paul

N605TW

Activist Member
Welcome to OCDO. I don't know of any planned events but I'm on the East side of Columbus and visit the Great Circle in Newark at least one a month. Maybe we can start a meet and greet.

landyacht302

Sounds great, I work second/third shift though so I'm open to gatherings on the weekends

Paul

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Welcome to OCDO. I don't know of any planned events but I'm on the East side of Columbus and visit the Great Circle in Newark at least one a month. Maybe we can start a meet and greet.

Chiming in with another "Welcome" to OCDO.

Just wanted to say I love it when folks realize that If You Schedule It, They Will Come. No need to poll folks to see who is up for it and who is not. Just set a date/time/place and show up. Those that do not show up are fair game to be talked about.:lol:

stay safe.

Brian D.

Nah, skidmark, I'm just convinced that you Virginia folk are just too lazy to cook and like to eat out all the time. ;

Welcome (back) to Ohio, landyacht, hope you will also get/keep your Ohio CHL. Otherwise transportation of your handgun in a motor vehicle is just too much a pain by the laws of the Buckeye state.

And yeah skidmark is correct. If you want to get together just a post a thread listing time/date/place, concensus builing takes too much time and is ultimately frustrating. You could set it up two years ahead and you'd have the same types and amounts of no-shows--unless you were buying all the meals or somethin.