Thread: California's tough gun laws could not prevent East Oakland tragedy

California's tough gun laws could not prevent East Oakland tragedy

http://www.insidebayarea.com/califor...t-prevent-east

"It wasn't a failure of laws," said Amanda Wilcox, who along with her husband, Nick, lobbies for the California chapter of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. "I just don't see how our gun laws could have stopped something like that."

"Police say that Goh, a 43-year-old South Korean immigrant, used a legally purchased .45-caliber semi-automatic pistol. Police say they believe the gunman had four fully loaded magazines, each with eight rounds of ammunition. Under California's assault-weapons ban, the maximum number of rounds allowed per magazine is 10."
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Too bad we can't leave comments on this one.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

All teachers should be trained and Armed

How many more of these shootings in GFSZs do we have to suffer "ARM and train the teachers.....should be a prerequisite to being considered of being hired in a teaching position
    "There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wound, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time."

- General George S. Patton, Jr.