• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New member / Carrier

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Inside joke, the goverment loans you a gun sometimes more than one usually full auto or burst fire. Encourages you very strongly to know how it works, sends you to strange and distant lands to use said weapon. Then not so politely demands its return when you have satisfied your contract to them. Sometimes the even give you rockets missiles and high explosives and big but not shiney multi million dollar pieces of equipment to operate. Sadly they don't let you keep these either.

First Cavalry Division, Ft. Hood Texas. Welcome home Pathfinder!
Well, my 'toy' was full of tens of kilograms of non-shiny metal enclosed in a vessel of well machined stainless steel that made a 7,000 ton equipment go. I played with these toys for 26 years to an early and so far comfortable retirement.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Politely replying to the officer "I do not wish to discuss my itinerary" means you never have to worry about this.

You are not required to tell an officer where you came from nor where you are going. And without that information, even an officer who wrongly interprets that law lacks basis for probable cause that you violated his wrong interpretation of it.

Above is sound advice which I have used & found to be very effective. +1

michaelm_ski

Can't Afford the CPL Class .

Does anyone know if Michigan has any Free CPL classes ? I have read some other states have them ? I would appreciate any help as I have been asked about this also . :banghead:

Super Trucker

I usually laugh when I see people say they can not afford a CPL. You then see them post about their new cell phone, what restaurants they eat at 5 nights a week, how good their foo foo coffee was, what movie they went too.
It is all about priorities.

JB248

Keep an eye out on the deal sites like Living Social and Groupon.

I only paid $49 for my CPL class at Action Impact.

Welcome!

WilDChilD

Not Just Guns in mason mi auctions them every week and I think they go for bout $50. Not bad if you just want the paper to get your cpl, I have no idea how well they teach.