Thread: Walmart and Beer Sales, NO GUNS ??

Walmart and Beer Sales, NO GUNS ??

Was just at the Catlettsburg Walmart and one of the employees warned me that carrying OC or Concealed at the Ashland Walmart is prohibited because they sell beer there. Does anyone have any info on that Walmart and do they prohibit carrying in that store? I maybe wrong, but wouldnt that fall under the restaurants rule? Just looking for some good advice on this to maybe save some embarrassement by tryin to walk in carrying.

The employee is wrong. You can carry there. I've carried into a liquor store before. It's not against the law since the alcohol being sold is not for on-site consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    The employee is wrong. You can carry there. I've carried into a liquor store before. It's not against the law since the alcohol being sold is not for on-site consumption.
    ....and even then you can carry, just unload it.

Activist Member
    It should be mentioned that you can carry in establishments that serve alcohol by THE DRINK, openly or concealed, and loaded, as long as that establishment derives at least 51% of it's income from the sale of food.

Next time ask what statute says you can't do so. I always enjoy watching people squirm when they have no idea what they are speaking about.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    It should be mentioned that you can carry in establishments that serve alcohol by THE DRINK, openly or concealed, and loaded, as long as that establishment derives at least 51% of it's income from the sale of food.

Next time ask what statute says you can't do so. I always enjoy watching people squirm when they have no idea what they are speaking about.
    It is over 50%, not at least 51%. Some will call it splitting hairs but their is a measurable difference.

But everything else is right. You can legally carry a firearm in a place that sales alcohol if it is sold for off-site consumption. You can carry, open/concealed loaded/unloaded, in a place that sales alcohol for on site consumption if it makes more than 50% on FOOD (nothing else is mentioned in the KRS) if it has seating for at least 50 people. And you can carry in a place that sales alcohol by the drink that is not considered a restaurant but it has to be unloaded and cannot be concealed.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.