• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB 1527 & AB 2182 Kalifornia update

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Another nail in the coffin ......

On March 27, the state Assembly Committee on Public Safety was scheduled to hear two anti-gun bills, Assembly Bill 1527 and Assembly Bill 2182. AB 1527 was amended to limit its scope and was passed in the committee by a 4 to 2 vote. AB 1527 will now go to the state Assembly Committee on Appropriations. As introduced AB 1527, would expand on last year’s ban on open carrying of an unloaded handgun to also include unloaded rifles and shotguns. there you go, the open carrying of rifles and shotguns on a daily basis obviously didn't win any support.....so lets not hold our breath on the instant issuance of CCW permits all around ...Guess its rattan sticks or peashooters next ? On a positive note, AB 2182 was pulled from the committee agenda. AB 2182 would require that a person be arrested if they inadvertently attempt to bring a firearm through an airport security checkpoint and ban that person from entering that airport in the future.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

eh, doesnt bother me anymore, i moved to another state.

but i'm sure cal guns will be winning the right to get ccw's in about 12 years. just sit patiently, haha

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Ah yes, the requisite 'it's-all-so-hopeless-so-we-should-give-up-and-eat-worms' post.

Look- Its going to take some time to turn California around as our legislature has ignored the memo that the second amendment affirms an individual right to keep and bear arms. (and it only took about 70 years to get SCOTUS to get that memo out.)

New gun restrictions are not the end of the world but looking at the legislation, particularly AB2182 gives you a little insight to the wackado motives to gun control. Specifically AB2182 was introduced as a political attack on ONE person. It was withdrawn because it usurped due process in assuming guilt when no intent to commit a crime was present.

The addition of long arms to Portantino's law emphasizes the necessity of re-evaluating the 116 exemptions to the law- changing the kind of firearms will do nothing to erase the exemptions that provide enough loopholes for everyone to carry.

ManInBlack

Like I always say, California could be one of the greatest states in the nation, in terms of natural resources, scenic beauty, and raw economic potential, if not for the majority of the people who live there and the elected officials who reflect and represent them.

Demographically, the pendulum has swung past the tipping point in California. Political scientists know that the single greatest influence in forming a person's voting behavior is his parents. In other words, liberal Democrats breed liberal Democrats. At the same time, politicians promise more and more gubmint goodies in exchange for the removal of civil liberties. Because the birthrate of immigrants and poor minorities, among other groups that are liberal and vote for Democrats is so much higher than that of the native-born, middle-to-upper class subset, who tend to be conservative, ideas like personal responsibility, self-sufficiency, limited constitutional government, and the like are effectively being bred out of California.

It is a losing battle, I am afraid. It has nothing to do with the efforts or honor of those who have sought to preserve liberty; it is simply a demographic tidal wave that simply cannot be overcome.

Save Our State

Ah yes, the requisite 'it's-all-so-hopeless-so-we-should-give-up-and-eat-worms' post.

Look- Its going to take some time to turn California around as our legislature has ignored the memo that the second amendment affirms an individual right to keep and bear arms. (and it only took about 70 years to get SCOTUS to get that memo out.)

New gun restrictions are not the end of the world but looking at the legislation, particularly AB2182 gives you a little insight to the wackado motives to gun control. Specifically AB2182 was introduced as a political attack on ONE person. It was withdrawn because it usurped due process in assuming guilt when no intent to commit a crime was present.

The addition of long arms to Portantino's law emphasizes the necessity of re-evaluating the 116 exemptions to the law- changing the kind of firearms will do nothing to erase the exemptions that provide enough loopholes for everyone to carry.

I was in portantino's office at the capitol today. thought there was some good news to convey, but as it turned out, one of his henchpersons did not pay close attention to what I wanted and gave me an update to the wrong bill. I was also in committee where he was a member today, and testified on another bill before them. I was watching him during the testimony, and it is apparent that his mind was made up before the hearing, as was it on a few others.
I'm lodging a complaint in regards to the previous long gun hearing, and hope to have it in their office by thursday. The next committee hearing on long guns is not scheduled yet, but I'm hoping to have more of an impact when it goes before the appropriations committee. That's the next one.

markm

Like I always say, California could be one of the greatest states in the nation, in terms of natural resources, scenic beauty, and raw economic potential, if not for the majority of the people who live there and the elected officials who reflect and represent them.

Demographically, the pendulum has swung past the tipping point in California. Political scientists know that the single greatest influence in forming a person's voting behavior is his parents. In other words, liberal Democrats breed liberal Democrats. At the same time, politicians promise more and more gubmint goodies in exchange for the removal of civil liberties. Because the birthrate of immigrants and poor minorities, among other groups that are liberal and vote for Democrats is so much higher than that of the native-born, middle-to-upper class subset, who tend to be conservative, ideas like personal responsibility, self-sufficiency, limited constitutional government, and the like are effectively being bred out of California.

It is a losing battle, I am afraid. It has nothing to do with the efforts or honor of those who have sought to preserve liberty; it is simply a demographic tidal wave that simply cannot be overcome.

Hello ManInBlack,

+1

I rant against people whose ideology is theological in nature--whether they are right-wing constitutionalists or neo-marxist statists. ManInBlack's conclusion seems to be data based. Follow the numbers, analyze the data, and speak with the majority in this state. They are dogmatically attached to their neo-marxism. We are not going to change them.

We are not giving up, we are not shirking, we are realists. Kalifornia is a lost cause. For every judicial win SAF, NRA, and CalGuns gains, a Portantino type person will pile-on several more layers of laws against 2A. Or a Sheriff or DA will create law against the Bill of Rights. Throw in a gun-loving and 2A embracing Jerry Brown (there are many Calgunners who still support Brown), and we are sunk from the start.

Kalifornia is a collectivist state. To Democrats, collective rights are what the Bill of Rights is all about--just ask them! Their political ideology is completely different than ours; furthermore, they have elevated collectivism to a religion. If you don't believe as they do, you are either a sinner or sub-human! Ask Portantino.

Rant button off.

markm

xmanhockey7

Let them pass it then file suit saying you actually have ZERO option to bear arms.

Sorcice

On private reserves. Or in the mountains if you can manage to find a deer. It's not like WI. Game is kinda sparse.