Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: What is the National Motorists Association about?

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711

    What is the National Motorists Association about?

    What is the National Motorists Association about?

    We support higher speed limits, an end to speed traps, fairer traffic courts, and stopping the use of traffic tickets to generate revenue. We want red-light ticket cameras and photo speed enforcement off our streets, roads, and highways. We oppose road blocks, for any purpose.

    We want better lane courtesy on our highways and our user fees spent on meeting our needs, not harassing us. Drivers have rights too, including the right to privacy in our cars and trucks and the right to travel without being tracked and spied upon by our own government.

    We ask that you join and support us in this effort.

    Join The NMA at http://www.motorists.org/join or Learn More About The Organization at http://www.motorists.org/about

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787

    WTF is up with these incessant stickies???

    As an admin/mod since 1986, I'm sick and tired of your incessant and inappropriate use of stickies. Stickies have their purpose, but this isn't it. Neither is stickying local meetups. We'll keep the interest going ourselves, thank you very much!

    Out.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  3. #3
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What is the National Motorists Association about?

    We support higher speed limits, an end to speed traps, fairer traffic courts, and stopping the use of traffic tickets to generate revenue. We want red-light ticket cameras and photo speed enforcement off our streets, roads, and highways. We oppose road blocks, for any purpose.

    We want better lane courtesy on our highways and our user fees spent on meeting our needs, not harassing us. Drivers have rights too, including the right to privacy in our cars and trucks and the right to travel without being tracked and spied upon by our own government.

    We ask that you join and support us in this effort.

    Join The NMA at http://www.motorists.org/join or Learn More About The Organization at http://www.motorists.org/about
    I agree with these things.

    So do many police. Many police know a lot of the traffic enforcement stuff is unimportant and pointless. Don't believe me? Just take a look at how often cops let off other cops as a "professional courtesy". If enforcement was really important, then they wouldn't be letting off other cops.

    (snicker) Let some cop try to argue his way out of that one.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  4. #4
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I agree with these things.

    So do many police. Many police know a lot of the traffic enforcement stuff is unimportant and pointless. Don't believe me? Just take a look at how often cops let off other cops as a "professional courtesy". If enforcement was really important, then they wouldn't be letting off other cops.

    (snicker) Let some cop try to argue his way out of that one.
    Ok I'll try to play Evil's advocate and argue for them.............................................. .......


    Nope can't even come up with a rationalization.....
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran since9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    6,787
    Haven't a clue. Why the hell is this a sticky on a gun forum? Seems like the admins/mods around here sticky everything while being unwilling to take out the trash.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

  6. #6
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Haven't a clue. Why the hell is this a sticky on a gun forum? Seems like the admins/mods around here sticky everything while being unwilling to take out the trash.
    If you look at who posted this thread it was one of the owners of the site, they can do what they want with it it is their property.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •