• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the National Motorists Association about?

Mike

Site Co-Founder

We support higher speed limits, an end to speed traps, fairer traffic courts, and stopping the use of traffic tickets to generate revenue. We want red-light ticket cameras and photo speed enforcement off our streets, roads, and highways. We oppose road blocks, for any purpose.

We want better lane courtesy on our highways and our user fees spent on meeting our needs, not harassing us. Drivers have rights too, including the right to privacy in our cars and trucks and the right to travel without being tracked and spied upon by our own government.

We ask that you join and support us in this effort.

Join The NMA at http://www.motorists.org/join or Learn More About The Organization at http://www.motorists.org/about

since9

Campaign Veteran
WTF is up with these incessant stickies???

As an admin/mod since 1986, I'm sick and tired of your incessant and inappropriate use of stickies. Stickies have their purpose, but this isn't it. Neither is stickying local meetups. We'll keep the interest going ourselves, thank you very much!

Out.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

We support higher speed limits, an end to speed traps, fairer traffic courts, and stopping the use of traffic tickets to generate revenue. We want red-light ticket cameras and photo speed enforcement off our streets, roads, and highways. We oppose road blocks, for any purpose.

We want better lane courtesy on our highways and our user fees spent on meeting our needs, not harassing us. Drivers have rights too, including the right to privacy in our cars and trucks and the right to travel without being tracked and spied upon by our own government.

We ask that you join and support us in this effort.

Join The NMA at http://www.motorists.org/join or Learn More About The Organization at http://www.motorists.org/about

I agree with these things.

So do many police. Many police know a lot of the traffic enforcement stuff is unimportant and pointless. Don't believe me? Just take a look at how often cops let off other cops as a "professional courtesy". If enforcement was really important, then they wouldn't be letting off other cops.

(snicker) Let some cop try to argue his way out of that one.

sudden valley gunner

I agree with these things.

So do many police. Many police know a lot of the traffic enforcement stuff is unimportant and pointless. Don't believe me? Just take a look at how often cops let off other cops as a "professional courtesy". If enforcement was really important, then they wouldn't be letting off other cops.

(snicker) Let some cop try to argue his way out of that one.

Ok I'll try to play Evil's advocate and argue for them.....................................................

Nope can't even come up with a rationalization.....

sudden valley gunner

Haven't a clue. Why the hell is this a sticky on a gun forum? Seems like the admins/mods around here sticky everything while being unwilling to take out the trash.

If you look at who posted this thread it was one of the owners of the site, they can do what they want with it it is their property.