• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Good/inexspensive Gun smith for simple job?

alexm963

I picked up a Remington 870 at the gun show this weekend as a home defense project. One thing I would like to add is some ghost ring sights. It requires some simple machining to mount it. I am just wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a gunsmith that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg to do this. Looking for someone in the Spokane area. Thanks.

TechnoWeenie

Why not do it yourself? Threading/tapping is pretty easy.

There's never a bad time to learn something new ;)

alexm963

I considered it, but I don't have a workshop at home. I have access to drill presses and mills at work, but I know they wouldn't be happy with me bringing a shotgun in. I might talk to my buddy about it, he's a machinist and should be able to knock it out pretty easy.