• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

H.R. 4269: Protecting Lawful Transportation of Firearms

TFred

We knew that Morgan Griffith would be sorely missed from the House of Delegates, but it looks like he is doing very good work for us up in Washington. Adding teeth to FOPA!

TFred

H.R. 4269: Protecting Lawful Transportation of Firearms

When Congress passed the Firearms Owners' Protection Act (FOPA) in 1986, one of the key provisions of the bill was intended to protect the rights of gun owners to legally transport their firearms between locations where they are legally allowed to possess them.

Unfortunately, some local jurisdictions have chosen to ignore federal law and the courts have upheld these infringements on Second Amendment rights.

H.R. 4269, introduced by U.S. Reps. Morgan Griffith (R-Va.), Ted Poe (R-Texas) and Bill Owens (D-N.Y.) would amend this provision to ensure it has the effect Congress intended.

[...]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe he'll be one we can recruit into repealing the GFSZA?

TFred

That would be a very good thing.

The GFSZA just creates a fish in a barrel condition and allows for otherwise innocent (no neferious intent) infractions to penalize LAC.

half_life1052

Situations like having your home abut with the school's property. Technically the second I set foot off of my property I am in violation since I don't possess a CHP.