Thread: BATF at it again

BATF at it again

Didn't known if this has been posted on another thread. but , i thought this was interesting, would love to know more.

http://www.examiner.com/conservative...-store-and-atf
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

The Task Force began to make inquiries about the ATF's request and was told by a local agency official that the Bound Book is the property of the ATF and can be picked up anytime they choose.

But the law appears to say something entirely different.
    Like that's stopped them before

I say good on the Alaska gun store! Too bad they're so far away; I'd be happy to give them lots of business!

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    BATF at it again

When did they ever stop??
    If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege.
    --- Arkansas Supreme Court, Wilson v. State (1878)

I recall a story, possibly apocryphal, from long enough ago that it predated things like battery powered scanners and such, but it involved a 01 Dealer and an agent insisting on copying his entire bound book. They weren't going to take it, just copy it.

"Okay, go right ahead."
    "Good, where's your copier?"
    "Don't have one."

The next day they came back, with their own copier.

"Nope, sorry. I said you can copy it. I didn't say you could use my electricity."

After much huffing and puffing and steaming about, they sat about copying the info they wanted, long-hand on legal tablets.

There is a fourth instance where the BATFE can 'gain access" to a "Bound Book", an it is the ONLY situation where the BATFE takes physical possession of said book--if the FFL goes out of business, they are required to submit the Bound Book to the BATFE.

This isn't over yet. If BATFE wants this book bad enough, they will put this business under and utterly destroy them financially to get it.

This story is probably MUCH deeper than the media is telling. My guess is this is somehow tied to Fast & Furious. Perhaps this gun shop had been facilitating BAATFE-, DEA- and State Department-sanctioned gun sales to straw purchasers for Aisian or Russian drug gangs too.

BATFE is probably trying to get this Bound Book so they can rip out certain pages that incriminate the DOJ, or reveal some of their assets, before it gets subpoenaed by Issa or something...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Sorry, but it is the cost of doing business w/FFL & NFA or having a C/R and the BATF:
    Fed Firearms Regulation 478.23 right of entry and examination outlines when agents can with and w/o a warrant, enter during business hours,
    (a)(1) inspect or examine any records or documents required to be kept by such licensee under this part
    (a)(2) any inventory of firearms or ammunition kept or stored…
    (d) the inspections and examinations provided by this section do not authorize an AFT officer to seize any records or documents other than those records or documents constituting material evidence of a violation of law. If an AFT officer seizes such records or documents, copies shall be provided to the licensee within a reasonable time.
    18 USC, 923(g)(1)(A) The Attorney General may inspect or examine the inventory and records of a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer without such reasonable cause or warrant…

wabbit

PS: i believe it would be interesting to hear the whole story on what is going on in AK verse this snip of a segway...
    Last edited by ncwabbit; 04-15-2012 at 10:26 AM.
    But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most...
    A person who has for untold centuries maintained the imposing position of spiritual head of four-fifths of the human race...
    All religions issue bibles against him, and say the most injurious things about him, but we never hear his side. (twain)

Quote Originally Posted by ncwabbit View Post
    Sorry, but it is the cost of doing business w/FFL & NFA or having a C/R and the BATF:
    Fed Firearms Regulation 478.23 right of entry and examination outlines when agents can with and w/o a warrant, enter during business hours,
    (a)(1) inspect or examine any records or documents required to be kept by such licensee under this part
    (a)(2) any inventory of firearms or ammunition kept or stored…
    (d) the inspections and examinations provided by this section do not authorize an AFT officer to seize any records or documents other than those records or documents constituting material evidence of a violation of law. If an AFT officer seizes such records or documents, copies shall be provided to the licensee within a reasonable time.
    18 USC, 923(g)(1)(A) The Attorney General may inspect or examine the inventory and records of a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer without such reasonable cause or warrant…
    I fixed the portion that you should have highlighted, since it's the part that's relevant to the original article.