Thread: Open Carry in Surry

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Open Carry in Surry

I started to send Surry Side to the Duplicator last week and decided a couple of parts needed to be re-shot....so I combined going to Easter Dinner at Surrey House and videoing the parts I need to redo. I did OC and in fact I expect I clanked (I don't like that place).

No one said anything and I didn't see anyone at the Sheriffs office. There were a lot of NJ tourists floating around so I got a few looks but no panic or comments.

Sam at Surrey House said to tell everyone Hello.
    BTW, Security has been cut to the bone and none of the VDOT staff knew if Wyche was still working. General Patton was on the Surry side and the Tard that keeps slapping his chest was on the James City Side.

They did get snappy new uniforms

Last edited by peter nap; 04-08-2012 at 08:27 PM.

As usual- "good on yah mate!"

Unfortuanately the only way the police will learn the law is when they're exposed to the edges of it. Im just glad our wasted tax dollars and their colleages imbarassment educated them some after skidmarks run-in. Glad to hear of no problems!
    "Yes, I am carrying a loaded firearm. Why aren't you? "

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Will be looking forward to the handsome young photographer's next installment of a Ferry Tale.

Still have a buckets of Russian oil and its darker cousin that together with the duck fluff have not been put to their best use yet.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    ..........BTW, Security has been cut to the bone and none of the VDOT staff knew if Wyche was still working.......... ]
    Hmmmmm. Gag order or housecleaning, whadayathink?

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Hmmmmm. Gag order or housecleaning, whadayathink?
    No, these are people who have always leaked information. They just hate Security and ignore them. As one put it yesterday..."Another waste of Government Money".

Guess you didn't talk to the security contractors then? don't talk to police! lol!

Wife and I came through there yesterday, coming back from a weekend in the Tidewater. Didn't stop at the Surry House, because we'd just broken fast at the Gazebo in Williamsburg. No search, did see one of the guys in my rearview, giving my VCDL sticker the hairy eyeball.